• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta with COA from next of kin

10 posts in this topic

While I like these images - they are elegant in some manner - it is a bit of a stretch to even call them doodles. The practice of selling every little scrap of paper that a revered artist touched reminds me of all of the low quality recordings of Hendrix music that I can find that was pumped out after his death.

Having said that, it isn't like anyone is going to touch a fully rendered Frazetta for anywhere near this price so I wouldn't be surprised to see it purchased by someone that just has to have something created by Frank.

18 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

In fairness, that could be from the time when Frank was trying to relearn how to draw with his left hand after his first strokes. :cool:

I don't think so. There are artistic decisions on this piece that seem wrong regardless. Also, there is a FB discussion on this piece where FF's son expresses his own doubts about it. You can buy it if you want, I'm going to hold out for that original Wonder Woman #1 cover being sold out of Turkey by a zero feedback seller.

1 minute ago, Weird Paper said:

I don't think so. There are artistic decisions on this piece that seem wrong regardless. Also, there is a FB discussion on this piece where FF's son expresses his own doubts about it. You can buy it if you want, I'm going to hold out for that original Wonder Woman #1 cover being sold out of Turkey by a zero feedback seller.

I think he was being sarcastic Roger :)

Malvin