• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craiglist listing, copy of Hulk 181 in random pile
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Spider Sense up? Just happened to browse through local craigslist, and noticed this ad.  Out of a set of 1500 or so, look at some of the neato representatives that happened to be randomly selected for the photos -- all for about 50c each! Aside from the other silver age and various key spider-mans pictured, who knows what other gems are hidden in this 60s - 80s collection? Do we have a central thread for these kinds of posts? I couldn't find one. PS. If it's legit, don't forget my finder's fee!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/clt/d/comics-for-sale/6222876873.ht

hulk.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules

The first thing people that dont know anything about comics do is take it to comic shop.  Because every non collector thinks comics are VALUABLE.  So I do not think this is legit, just another twist on an old scam.  I'm betting he will insist on a mail transaction.

Messaged seller bc ad stated to send questions. First question was if they had a list or spreadsheet just responded with "no." Asked for close up pics on some books and responded with "I have more than 10 interested and I'm not doing anymore work to sell these!" ?

Lovely - gotta love CL... shady AF. 

Anyways, my first post but have scanned and read threads on here a while! 

1 hour ago, Diamonddave said:

That Hulk 181 could be the ToyBiz reprint, it looks strategically covered. 

Yeah, the Hasbro version has a little "not for sale" line in the lower right corner that's coincidentally perfectly obscured in that photo. 

On 7/11/2017 at 8:53 PM, Pitboss said:

4 hours ago, jhkunc said:

Messaged seller bc ad stated to send questions. First question was if they had a list or spreadsheet just responded with "no." Asked for close up pics on some books and responded with "I have more than 10 interested and I'm not doing anymore work to sell these!" ?

This is my standard response when I post stuff cheap and have ton of people message.  Sorry not doing any more work.  Want it come and get it at a time that works for me :)  weeds out the lazy resellers IMO

1 hour ago, slg343 said:

This is my standard response when I post stuff cheap and have ton of people message.  Sorry not doing any more work.  Want it come and get it at a time that works for me :)  weeds out the lazy resellers IMO

I get that, but no there was no follow up to that regarding looking at them in person. Oh, forgot also they said "bye" right at the end of the message. Touching. It just was a weird off putting communication. Oh well. Good luck to whoever buys it and hope it's legit. 

6 hours ago, jhkunc said:

WTTB!

9 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Yeah, the Hasbro version has a little "not for sale" line in the lower right corner that's coincidentally perfectly obscured in that photo. 

Exactly that book if real would be proudly up front in the picture. I sense shenanigans.

No reply to my message.  You would think if it was fake he'd wants as many vics as possible.