• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assistance with value

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,  I typically do not collect OA but have some Captain America pages, mostly Ron Lim.  I have had them for a long time, 10 years maybe.  I was just wondering if anyone out there can give me a ballpark on what these might be worth.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

Nice! I'm a big Ron Lim fan.

It doesn't seem like his Cap pages come up much, I've only seen a couple and one cover so I can't give you a good answer.

Here are some that have been on the market for a while & aren't selling.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Classifiedssearchresult.asp?PM=1&txtSearch=lim+america&Order=

I think it would be safe to say the action pages with Cap in full costume will go for more than Diamondback with the girls having coffee pages. :)

Hi OP, "worth" and "trying to sell" are two different things. Not sure what you're really meaning here, so I'll give you my numbers for both. They are all very nice for fans of Lim and that era but no pieces that scream "put me on your wall!" either.

"Worth" = $250-$350 each based on quality of content. Think of this as an insurance or replacement value number though, what you might need to pay if you went out into the market today with a WTB offer for this quality and quantity of LIM CAP "right now". Not what you'd get from a dealer or if trying to sell them all at once to anybody.

"Trying to Sell" = $75-$125 for the non-Cap, non-Skull, non-action pages on a single basis, $150-$300 for those the better content pieces. This means one-by-one sales though and you can expect to get 'picked' meaning the better ones (for content and price) sell quickly and the others would sit. And they could sit for years. If you wanted out of all of them right-quick, just add 'em up and cut the number in half, I'm sure one or more somebodys around here would do that too. So this angle is a matter of if you want to work it piece by piece for maximum dollar and you are patient, or just want some cash and be done with it all.

There's also Heritage for comps, but there aren't many Lim Cap panel pages that have sold through there: https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=790+231&Nty=1&Ntt=lim+america&ic10=ArchiveTab-071515

A 7 page story sold for $185 but those pages weren't very strong or action packed: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/ron-lim-and-james-sanders-marvel-holiday-special-1-complete-7-page-story-precious-gifts-original-art-marvel-1-total-7-/a/7136-93662.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

You could also ask a dealer to evaluate them for consignment or outright sell to them. The dealer won't pay much, but you'd get a lump sum with less hassle & be done with it. Or just get a semi-realistic number.

44 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I could see that one cap battle page, depending on the auction,  go for above $400, easily. 

The main Cap battle page I see here looks to be 393? pg 20. That one isn't by Ron Lim & looks more wonky. I don't follow Cap pages in general so I wouldn't know a price range but that seems high. The only way to know for sure tho is to take offers or sell! 

1 minute ago, Twanj said:

The main Cap battle page I see here looks to be 393? pg 20. That one isn't by Ron Lim & looks more wonky. I don't follow Cap pages in general so I wouldn't know a price range but that seems high. The only way to know for sure tho is to take offers or sell! 

That one may be by Rik Levins actually. Sorry I forgot that one of these is not by Lim.

3 minutes ago, Twanj said:

Yes it is 393 pg 20