• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For all those who have seen...

Star rating...(4 being the best)  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Star rating...(4 being the best)

25 posts in this topic

Star Wars III...what would you vote? (NO SPOILERS PLEASE!)

hail.gif

Its that good, eh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is an average movie but after fans were fed TPM and AOTC (ugh!), the latest movie seems like a classic by comparison. Many people (like me) went in praying "please be better than the first two prequels" and it was, but then again outpacing those two absolutely terrible efforts isn't that hard a target.

TPM was horrible and it made bank, ROTS is average and it is breakng BO recods... I really wonder how much a truly great SW-based movie would make these days. Probably double Titanic numbers world-wide at worst.

I saw the movie last night and when I left I wasnt impressed.

Actually I was downright disappointed.

I thought it would be much better.

After watchign the movie It became apperent the Jedi with all their violence (Passifists my [#@$%!!!]) were responsible for all the death and destruction.

They had a hell of a blood lust

I hear this is better than the last two ( which I missed) - so I'm a little curious to see it. My question is - do I have to sit through the last two on DVD in order to appreciate and understand this latest installment?

My question is - do I have to sit through the last two on DVD in order to appreciate and understand this latest installment?

Not at all. TPM is totally filler and only about 10% of AOTC is important. If you've seen the OT, you can walk right into ROTS with no problem at all.

Here's all you need to know:

Count Dooku is bad - Sith Lord bad

Jedi Council is a bunch of lazy stiffs who sit in couches all day

Everything else is either explained early on (Anakin and Padme marriage, etc.), is new to ROTS, or it's old-school like Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewie, R2/C3PO, etc.

Are they still making those [#@$%!!!] movies? screwy.gif

You will just love it when 7 8 and 9 are made over the next 6 years won't you? laugh.gif

poke2.gif

Lucas said that hes going to stop and not do 7, 8 and 9...

but he would have to be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person not to after what Episode III is going to make!

It would be superfresh to see Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie on the big screen

now that the actors/actress are older!

thumbsup2.gif

Mildly disappointing, and I like most movies.

I do like how it tied everything together.

I thought Natalie's acting was laughable.

Obi: "Your husband is basically the devil incarnate."

Natalie: "It can't be. No, that is real bad."