• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How tall is Wolverine? Is it a philosophical question?

Wolverine height  

53 members have voted

1. 1. A friend of yours says Hugh Jackman is a great Wolverine...

• Agree without mentioning the height.
    • Agree but point out that Hugh Jackman is much taller than Wolverine in the comics.
    • Say you've never seen Wolverine in a movie.
    • Disagree by pointing out that Hugh Jackman is much taller than Wolverine in the comics.
    • Disagree because even a shorter Hugh Jackman wouldn't be a great Wolverine.
    • Other (comment below).
    • Whatever. Pass the crack.

38 posts in this topic

Is Wolverine closer to 5'3" or 6'3"?  Well, it depends on whether we're answering using the source comics or the movies... but I'm more interested in a discussion of "source material" vs. "common belief".

Do you still find yourself explaining the "source material" to non-comic collectors, to point out how Wolverine should be 5'3" or that Nick Fury would look nothing like Samuel L. Jackson or that Superman would never kill Zod? 

With about 20 years of annual and successful comic book movies cemented into pop culture, have we reached a point where we no longer fight the "common belief" of the masses, or does anyone still try to make "corrections"?

Edited by valiantman

His legs are long enough to reach from his @ss to the ground, so I suppose he's tall enough to get the job done.

I like my Wolvie short, stout, hairy and angry. My inner child always refers to Art Adams' Wolverine as the appropriate template.

1986 aa wolvie.jpg

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Is Wolverine closer to 5'3" or 6'3"?  Well, it depends on whether we're answering using the source comics or the movies... but I'm more interested in a discussion of "source material" vs. "common belief".

Do you still find yourself explaining the "source material" to non-comic collectors, to point out how Wolverine should be 5'3" or that Nick Fury would look nothing like Samuel L. Jackson or that Superman would never kill Zod? 

With about 20 years of annual and successful comic book movies cemented into pop culture, have we reached a point where we no longer fight the "common belief" of the masses, or does anyone still try to make "corrections"?

It's fruitless, but I try to make corrections.

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Superman killed Zod in a comic decades before he did it in a movie.

But, yes, when discussing any adaptation, I will point out obvious deviations from the source (especially when they're stupid).

Agree without mentioning height...Unless asked.

Most newb friends like when I "correct" the movies. I usually start with 'Jackman is no where near as hairy.'

and finish with

Spoiler

Wolvie is 5'3 and 300 lbs. of solid muscle.

Unrealistic you say? Pshaw.

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I like my Wolvie short, stout, hairy and angry. My inner child always refers to Art Adams' Wolverine as the appropriate template.

1986 aa wolvie.jpg

Yup.  Just like the real-life animal.

Courtesy of Wiki..

"It is a stocky and muscular carnivore, more closely resembling a small bear than other mustelids. The wolverine, a solitary animal,[1] has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times larger than itself."

Edited by Ken Aldred

20 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:
6 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I always read him like Belker from Hill Street Blues, but, alas, they didn't make the X-Men movie in 1983. 

d9eb633187a176adb92820dd05304630--dog-breath-cop-show.jpg

I actually don't disagree with this. 

I actually agree with this.