• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-men #266 CGC 9.6 white pages

10 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding a copy of Uncanny X-men #266 CGC 9.6 white pages that I recently bought. I won it on eBay about a month ago. It was an auction for a copy of Uncanny X-men #266 CGC 9.6 with white pages and a New Mutants #87 CGC 9.6 with white pages. There were no pictures in the auction and I guess that's why I got such a good deal at about $70.00 for both books. When I recieved them, I noticed that the Uncanny X-men #266 was not placed into a comic bag or anything of that sort before being sealed in it's plastic case. It was simply placed loose in the hard case. Is this normal? Also, the case is not "sealed" so to speak. You can lift up and open the sides of the case slightly even though the four corners of the case are still intact. Is this normal? Something about this book does not seem right to me.

I have a question regarding a copy of Uncanny X-men #266 CGC 9.6 white pages that I recently bought. I won it on eBay about a month ago. It was an auction for a copy of Uncanny X-men #266 CGC 9.6 with white pages and a New Mutants #87 CGC 9.6 with white pages. There were no pictures in the auction and I guess that's why I got such a good deal at about $70.00 for both books. When I recieved them, I noticed that the Uncanny X-men #266 was not placed into a comic bag or anything of that sort before being sealed in it's plastic case. It was simply placed loose in the hard case. Is this normal? Also, the case is not "sealed" so to speak. You can lift up and open the sides of the case slightly even though the four corners of the case are still intact. Is this normal? Something about this book does not seem right to me.

CGC books aren't placed into a bag before they're sealed. So that's normal. Also, being able to move the sides open slightly is normal. As long as the four posts are whole and uncracked you should be fine. Of course, if you post a scan your description will give way to visual data which will give us a lot more to go on in terms of telling you whether or no there's something wrong- you may be describing something in such a way as to cloud the issue.

yeah if the book is marked 9.6 but a scan showed som wear that even a drunk one-eyed version of newt would miss ahem, then there would be enough evidence for me at least that the slab was cracked and the posts stayed intact, allowing a fairly unnoticeable switch.

If you have a corner cracked slab and some the posts are intact, would it be possible to slip a book in ??? (Specifically for an old label slab.)

It's been known to happen, certainly. There've been threads about that particular scam before.

They aren't. What you are probably seeing is either the use of wedges along the edges to help keep the comic more immobilized, or perhaps you are seeing a rippling reflection because the inner well is not perfectly flat. This could give an illusion that the comic is inside another sleeve.