• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay limits buyers?!?!?!

8 posts in this topic

Has something strange happen tonight, bid on somebody books on eBay, and then had a pop up message saying I could no longer bid on auctions as I was already winning two other ones? Bizarre. Account has always been in good standing. Anyone else ever have this problem? 

IMG_7768.PNG

Been a while since I have listed anything for sale on eBay, but I believe as a seller you can prevent low feedback buyers from having the high bid on more than a certain number of items.  Seller selected the number limit - but I do not recall the range that could be picked from. 

I do not recall it being a limit eBay imposed on all low feedback bidders for all auctions. But it could be and obviously would be if you were bidding on different sellers items

10 hours ago, bellrules said:

Has something strange happen tonight, bid on somebody books on eBay, and then had a pop up message saying I could no longer bid on auctions as I was already winning two other ones? Bizarre. Account has always been in good standing. Anyone else ever have this problem? 

IMG_7768.PNG

Do you have any unpaid item strikes against your account?

I was on my phone before.  As a seller I can limit the purchasing rights of any potential buyers.  Now, many of you would say that is ridiculous as it would limit your sales... Maybe... I was buying a book on eBay from a boardie who put the item up on auction.  I was winning the auction but kept getting outbid by this other person on the other books.    That other person never paid the boardie for all the other auctions that he won.  So I walked away with one book.  The other boardie was unable to collect on about 6-7 other books.  

Had he placed certain limits on the system that guy would not have been able to pull the nonsense that he did.

Here are directions to see for yourself as well as a screen shot of where you can find these controls.   I also provided a screen shot of eBay's reasoning why you may want to do this. 

To select buyer requirements for all your listings:

1. Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences or Seller Hub > Overview > Shortcuts > Site preferences

2. In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Buyer requirements, and then click Show.

3. Click Edit.

4. On the Buyer Requirements page, make your selections.

5. Click Submit to save your requirements.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.14.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.15.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.15.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.15.38 AM.png