• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here know David Crawford
1 1

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I think I'm turning cold as I age.  My heart goes out to these people...then I read "I sent payment via Friends and Family".  Suddenly, ALL compassion from me goes flying out the window. 

If you're aware of the risks of using Friends and Family outside of the intended purpose, don't be surprised or go crying to anyone when you get scammed.  If you're unaware of the risks, then what the heck are you doing using a service you don't understand?  :makepoint:

It seems simple, but the allure of saving 3% is apparently irresistible to some because this same story keeps happening over and over and over and over...

I have people offer to send me payment via Friends and Family and I always politely decline.  Using goods and services allows me to print a shipping label directly through paypal and the tracking gets attached to the transaction automatically so the buyer is always aware of what's going on.  For most transactions, that convenience alone is worth the 3% paypal charges; let alone the protections should something go wrong. 

Ive bought items, lets say for $100.  Ive paid with goods and services and paid $105 to cover the pp fees.  I have had them return the payment because it wasnt F&F.  

2 hours ago, sd2416 said:

Ive bought items, lets say for $100.  Ive paid with goods and services and paid $105 to cover the pp fees.  I have had them return the payment because it wasnt F&F.  

I'm not sure the benefit for them insisting on F&F when fees are covered.  Maybe to avoid taxes???  (shrug)

If that's the case, they are attempting to defraud both Paypal AND the government.  Not really someone I'd be interested in dealing with, personally.