• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 3 Results
1 1

41 posts in this topic

2017 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 3 (of 10) Results

BK 5: True Aviation Comics Digest #1 (C-OW Pages)  - Actual Grade: 6.5 

BK 6: Baloo and Little Britches (White Pages)  - Actual Grade: 8.0 

Round 3 Grade Breakdowns

Round-3-Breakdowns.gif

2017 Grading Contest: Round 3 Results - Leader Board

Round-3a-Leaders.gif

Grading Contest Books:
01. Crimes by Women #3 (Superior)
02. Amazing Spider-man #129  (Marvel)
03. Western Thrillers #1 (Fox Features Synd.)
04. Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel)
05. True Aviation Comics Digest #1 (Parents' Magazine Inst.)
06. Baloo and Little Britches #1 (Gold Key)

Edited by sckao
Updated

Round 3 COMMENTARY

Carnage. Only seven out of  seventeen Top Ten contestants survived to stay in the Top Ten this round as Book 6 generally devastated the competition.

Congrats to our new First Place contestant, NinjaSealed :ph34r: now leading with 26 points. Just don't get too comfortable as former champion toro has now made his way back to second place with his fourth straight bullseye. :eek:  Former leader Ryan. slips to second place after a remarkable five straight bullseyes. :applause:

Congrats to everyone who scored Double Bullseyes. This was a difficult round. :preach:

NinjaSealed, Mr.TawkyTawny, toro, comicquant, KPR Comics, Chillax23, marmat, battlerob, Sandflea, and LordRahl.

Special recognition goes to battlerob, Sandflea and LordRahl who are climbing at a blistering rate up the charts, moving 46, 49 and 51 spots this round!

Round 3 proves that any Round can turn the field upside down. Make Round 4 the Round you vault up the charts!

Edited by sckao

Commentary:

I've been trying to use each round as a learning opportunity for the next round. I don't think I'm going to do that this round. Just grade'em and don't look back this time and we'll see how it goes.

I should have taken more time with the last round. After I submitted, another look at the Baloo book had me concerned that I missed various problems-- sort of got lost with the nice spine and colors. Felt the plane book was a bit generously graded as they are typically more aggressive with what we saw ont hat back cover. oh well-- hoping for better results as we move along. that round certainly humbled me.

By the way, the OVER/UNDER chart shows how much you either overgraded/undergraded/or exactly graded each book each round. It basically shows if you have a tendency to overgrade or undergrade SCANS for the CONTEST... NOT IN REAL LIFE. 

DON'T LET IT PSYCH YOU OUT or make you overcompensate!!! :insane: :slapfight: :baiting:

Edited by sckao

Easiest round so far I thought.

Book was was 7.0/7.5 appeal, then I knocked it down for the back corner crease. It was still too nice to be a straight FN hence 6.5

66% of people thought the Baloo and Little Britches was 9.0+ :whatthe:   Honestly I was afraid CGC would give this a crazy grade like that but I stuck to my guns that I thought it was a straight VF, just too many issues on back cover along with the fact that the top corner looks pretty damaged.

34 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

when I see your name-- I think it would be pronounced like SKOW

is that how everyone sees it? ???

I go sack-ow