• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 11 Suspected Married Cover

7 posts in this topic

I have an Amazing Spider-Man 11.  I have a suspicion that the cover is married.  The cover looks exceptionally bright in color and it actually feels a little different than some of the other Silver Age books I have.  It feels stiffer like it's not the same paper stock.  ON the interior it looks like the bottom staple is barely hanging onto the centerfold.  The last page has tape that looks like it would've been used to tape a coverless book or something.  There's two pieces of tape and a small hole where I suspect there used to be a third piece of tape.  Lastly the pages of the comic itself seem to hang slightly outside of the cover of the comic.  So with the given information, do you think that this is a comic with a married cover?  Possibly a reproduction?  If so, how do I even attempt to grade and price something like this?  Thank you for any input.  I've included some pictures.

asm11.jpg

asm11b.jpg

9 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I think there is no doubt this is a reproduction cover. As far as pricing, I would think it would be considered coverless ?

So no value for the reproduction cover?  It seems like repro covers sell for like $30 or so...hmm interesting.

2 minutes ago, comicalgems said:

So no value for the reproduction cover?  It seems like repro covers sell for like $30 or so...hmm interesting.

You are probably correct, I was not considering the value in the repo cover itself. BTW, coverless books have a little more value nowadays.