• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) Junk Sale GA & SA For the Common Man!
1 1

120 posts in this topic

Not saving up for a grail, don't need to pay bills, just have some time off this week and have a pile of recent buys, upgrades and tons of books I don't need. Will be posting a decent size pile of various GA and SA books today and tomorrow. These are books for the 99%ers who just love old comics and like to read them!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An :takeit: takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Justice Traps the Guilty #33 Dec 1951 Prize Publications

Cool Crime book full of violence and sports a cool roller coaster cover!

A nice, clean, tight, bright complete copy with rich color. Has a small chip out of bottom right corner. A small tear and tiny chip out of bottom cover. Minor edge wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

$25.

guilty1.jpg

guilty2.jpg

Three Dimension Three Stooges #2 Oct 1953 St. John Pubs.

A very nice, clean, tight, bright complete copy. Stuntgirl story by Kubert. Original glasses are missing but I think I can dig out a pair of 3D glasses that will work. Sharp copy with no creases, tears or missing pieces. Very glossy and nice color. Minor bends at spine and a tiny lower right corner crease. Just very minor wear. Has a small, neat date stamp on back cover at top. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $50.   NOW $40.

3stooges1.jpg

3stooges2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Out of the Night #2 April-May 1952 ACG Pubs

Cool Mummy cover plus a very nice 5 page Al Williamson story. Above average contents for this publisher.

A nice, clean, tight, bright complete copy. Has a neatly magic taped spine. Light waterstain on cover corners and edges. No tears, creases, wrinkles  or missing pieces.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $70.   NOW $60.

outofthenight1.jpg

outofthenight2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Adventure Comics #275 Aug 1960 DC Pubs

Origin of the Superman Batman team.

A nice, clean, tight, bright complete copy. Has a small, flat spine roll (as printed). Some light spine wear and a few light wrinkles. Just minor reading wear. No other tears, creases or missing pieces.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $45.   NOW $40.

adventure275a.jpg

adventure275b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Archie Comics #72 Jan-Feb 1955 Archie Pubs.

A nice, clean, tight, bright complete copy. Has a small, flat spine bend. A tiny 1/8" upper edge tear. and a tiny chip out of bottom right cover. Just minor reading wear. No other tears, creases or missing pieces.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed/light cream and supple with no tears or creases.

$24.

archie72a.jpg

archie72b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Speaking of Archie... Here's one you don't see every day.

Pep Comics #43 Oct 1943 MLJ Pubs

Nice Shield, Archie and Jughead cover.

This one is a real mess... It is missing the last story, Spine taped, Tears, creases, splits, flakey. Several centerfolds are torn, loose and seperated. Might be from another copy as the paper doesn't quite match. A real beater but a scarce early Archie. I usually take returns but this one is sold "as is" with no returns so ask questions if you need to... Archie story appears complete.

$60.

pep43a.jpg

pep43b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Archie Comics #72 Jan-Feb 1955 Archie Pubs.

A nice, clean, tight, bright complete copy. Has a small, flat spine bend. A tiny 1/8" upper edge tear. and a tiny chip out of bottom right cover. Just minor reading wear. No other tears, creases or missing pieces.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed/light cream and supple with no tears or creases.

$24.

archie72a.jpg

archie72b.jpg

:takeit:

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Speaking of Archie... Here's one you don't see every day.

Pep Comics #43 Oct 1943 MLJ Pubs

Nice Shield, Archie and Jughead cover.

This one is a real mess... It is missing the last story, Spine taped, Tears, creases, splits, flakey. Several centerfolds are torn, loose and seperated. Might be from another copy as the paper doesn't quite match. A real beater but a scarce early Archie. I usually take returns but this one is sold "as is" with no returns so ask questions if you need to... Archie story appears complete.

$60.

pep43a.jpg

pep43b.jpg

SOLD!

Beyond #23 Nov 1953 Ace Pubs.

Great graving robber ghoul cover. Pretty nice contents for an Ace.

A clean, bright complete copy. Has a 1/2" x 1" piece out of bottom left corner. Back cover has a near 2" tear. Spine is split down to top staple. Cover detached from bottom staple. Numerous wrinkles and a clean 1" tear on right side of cover.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases.

$20.

beyond1.jpg

beyond2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

6 minutes ago, Incredible Pulp said:

Happy to have it, bro...this ones an upgrade from the comic cavalcade that looked like the end of a cigar blow out lol

I had it for a long time until I was able to upgrade to a mere good for a couple multiples of guide.

SOLD!

Millie the Model #7 Aug 1947 Marvel Pubs

A tight, complete copy. Book is VERY dirty. Could use a good clean (if possible). Probably some old water damage. Single staple is torn all the way through. Tears, wrinkles, and lotsa wear. Very readable though. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. A tough early Millie.

$30.

millie1.jpg

millie2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Beyond #23 Nov 1953 Ace Pubs.

Great graving robber ghoul cover. Pretty nice contents for an Ace.

A clean, bright complete copy. Has a 1/2" x 1" piece out of bottom left corner. Back cover has a near 2" tear. Spine is split down to top staple. Cover detached from bottom staple. Numerous wrinkles and a clean 1" tear on right side of cover.  Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases.

$20.

beyond1.jpg

beyond2.jpg

SOLD!

House of Mystery #143 June 1964 DC Pubs.

First J'onn J'onzz the Manhunter from Mars in this title.

A very nice, clean, tight, glossy, bright complete copy. Has a couple small lower right corner creases that barely break color. A tiny spine crimp at top and a slight bend to spine. A tiny 3/8" neat tear at top of cover. No other tears, missing pieces or other creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases. Nice looking copy.

$45.

houseofmystery1.jpg

houseofmystery2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man