• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) Junk Sale GA & SA For the Common Man!
1 1

120 posts in this topic

SOLD!

Green Hornet #35 Sept 1947 Harvey Pubs

A great, underrated title. This one has two Hornet tales, Spirit of 76 by Powell and a cool bad girl Calamity Jane story.

A colorful, bright, complete copy. Got a bad spine. brought and torn, split at bottom about 1-1/2". Rusty staples, numerous small tears, creases and wrinkles. Cover is barely hanging on by top staple. Centerfold is secure though. Slight musty smell. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and flexible. A great reader.

$30.

greenhornet1.jpg

greenhornet2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Green Hornet #35 Sept 1947 Harvey Pubs

A great, underrated title. This one has two Hornet tales, Spirit of 76 by Powell and a cool bad girl Calamity Jane story.

A colorful, bright, complete copy. Got a bad spine. brought and torn, split at bottom about 1-1/2". Rusty staples, numerous small tears, creases and wrinkles. Cover is barely hanging on by top staple. Centerfold is secure though. Slight musty smell. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and flexible. A great reader.

$30.

greenhornet1.jpg

greenhornet2.jpg

Green Hornet I will take it!

Thanks

Phillip

SOLD!

Jeanie #23 Jan 1949 Marvel Comics

Usual Marvel teenage GGA stuff with Jeanie and friends.

A worn but bright, clean complete copy. Worst defect is a large 2-1/2" edge ter across the shy guy's middle. A few other small edge tears, small creases and staple area tears. A solid copy with cover and centerfold still attached to covers soundly. Interior paper is lightly yellowed and clean.

$24.

jeanie1.jpg

jeanie2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Crime Smashers #6 Sept 1951 Trojan Pubs

One of the best of the crime runs. Always in demand due to good girl art and violent content.

Great color on this tight, complete copy. Has a small chip out of right side and numerous tiny bug holes on both front and back cover. Worse on back cover which also has a 1-/4" x 3" piece off edge. lots of small edge tears and minor creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but flexible with nothing missing.

WAS $35.   NOW $30.

crimesmashers1.jpg

crimesmashers3.jpg

crimesmashers4.jpg

crimesmashers5.jpg

crimesmashers2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Crime Smashers #6 Sept 1951 Trojan Pubs

One of the best of the crime runs. Always in demand due to good girl art and violent content.

Great color on this tight, complete copy. Has a small chip out of right side and numerous tiny bug holes on both front and back cover. Worse on back cover which also has a 1-/4" x 3" piece off edge. lots of small edge tears and minor creases. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but flexible with nothing missing.

$35.

crimesmashers1.jpg

crimesmashers3.jpg

crimesmashers4.jpg

crimesmashers5.jpg

crimesmashers2.jpg

Girl on the cover reminds me of young Judy Garland 2c

Adventure #285 June 1961 DC Publications

First Tales of the Bizarro World story. I loved this series when I was a kid always reading it first when I bought one. Crazy Bizarro baseball cover!

A clean, tight complete average copy. Has a slight spine bend and some minor spine wear. Back cover has a very small piece out of spine. Some minor cover creases but no tears or pieces missing. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is white and clean. A classic DC issue!

$30.

adventure285a.jpg

adventure285b.jpg

OK, I will try it again. I hate slow listers, don't you?

Hand of Fate #23 June 1954 Ace Pubs

Cool Zombie cover and a beautiful lead off story by Lou Cameron. One of the best un-sung horror artists. You get your dimes worth with Ace. Cover to cover stories with no ads.

A rough complete reader only. Covers are split and detached. A few small edge tears and one that is about 2" long at bottom. No major pieces missing from covers though. Interior paper is nice but the first page is neatly split from bottom to bottom staple. A nice reader only.

WAS $24.   NOW $20.

handoffate1.jpg

handoffate2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, you awake yet Jimmers? Canada alert...

Suzie #70 undated but very early 1950's Bell Publishers

Love these. Just awsome stuff. Great woman driver cover and lotsa GGA inside.

A nice, tight, bright complete copy. Has a 1" x 3" corner off back cover. Tiny 3/8" lower spine split. A lower right corner crease about 3" long. Otherwise just minor wear. Book and centerfold are tightly attached. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but nice and supple. These are hot and I don't mind keeping it...

WAS $30.   NOW $25.

suzie1.jpg

suzie2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Patsy Walker #55 Nov 1954 Atlas Pubs

A very nice, clean, tight complete copy. Has some minor spine stress spots, a small crayon? mark between two male figures. Some light ink transfer on back cover. A few light wrinkles. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Interior paper is off white/white.

WAS $25.   NOW $20.

patsywalker55a.jpg

patsywalker552.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Batman #136 Dec 1960 DC Pubs

Awsome Joker cover! GA Joker covers are on fire. Now even the early SA ones are getting a lot of heat. I bought a copy of this when I was a young Robot Man. Still love it!

A solid average complete copy. Has a large spine roll. Lower staple torn and detached. Minor edge wear. Just average wear. Book and centerfold still well attached to covers. Pages are slightly yellowed but easily turned and flexible. Even though low grade, I'd be happy to keep this one.

$50.

batman136a.jpg

batman136b.jpg

7 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Hey,I just got in from a two hour dog walk lol

Wanna come over and walk mine? Oh, that wouldn't work. We'd go in the "room" and they would be left whining...

Got a package in the mail today right up your alley. I'll try posting it in my Junk thread when I get done here.  :luhv:

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wanna come over and walk mine? Oh, that wouldn't work. We'd go in the "room" and they would be left whining...

Got a package in the mail today right up your alley. I'll try posting it in my Junk thread when I get done here.  :luhv:

I think i'd need at least an overnight...and don't forget,you'd have to take me down to Felix's for a key chain!

Here's a cool one...

Fighting Yank #27 Jan 1949 Nedor Pubs

Awsome Schomburg motorcycle cover. Just got a nice upgrade so this one is on the block. This is one of the hardest issues of this title. I looked for quite a while to even find this one. I like it enough, I'm already thinking of upgrading my new one.

A decent presentable complete copy. Has a long, neat 3" tear just below the piece that is missing on right side. Has dust shadow as you can see. Back cover has a couple as well. Interior is tanning on covers. A couple tiny spine scuffs. Interior paper is creamy but supple. Book and centerfold well attached. It is what it is. You will probably have to look for a while to find another copy.

WAS $100.   NOW $80.

fightingyank1.jpg

fightingyank2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I think i'd need at least an overnight...and don't forget,you'd have to take me down to Felix's for a key chain!

I'll keep the motor running while you run in. I bought a collection in that area once and my heart was pounding the whole time...