• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously, wtf?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, drewincanada said:

doh!

So the new fake is a fake of a fake? Sheesh.

As I was prepping that post, I though the "original" auction looked familiar. I have a vague recollection of it being discussed here.

What would really funny (and sad) would be if pulling on this loose thread a bit more reveals that the seller of both is actually the same person and that the plan was to add legitimacy to the first (fake) by offering later a more obvious second (fake)! Even if that's not the case, writers take note: might still be the backbone of a good short story ;)

I again, genuinely believe ebay should eliminate every single item not hand drawn/painted/sculpted/McKean'ed whatever from a comic original art category. Key word being original, I'm even okay with remarked stuff....but... All copies, stats, prints, posters, plates, etc shouldn't even be allowed in the door.  You guys have scared me a bit with all these fakes, making me just flee ebay anyway and looking for real, reputable dealers and collectors on boards here and CAF....fake of a fake just wow...

eBay has become the dark web of the OA hobby.  Link after link of garbage and scammers trying to lure in newbies with blatant forgeries; OA that's nothing more than photocopies of art; Coollines and their misleading descriptions or modified art.   "Psst - Hey kid, I heard you're looking for an original Calvin and Hobbes Sunday... Watterson just gave me a bunch because they were taking up space in his attic!  Just step over here for a minute..."