• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Episode Of: "I HAVE OLD COMICS! THEREFORE I AM RICH!"
1 1

45 posts in this topic

Just now, oakman29 said:

Wouldn't want to over pay for birdcage fodder.

Bantha Foodoo

Well here's a doozie!   It was stored in a bank deposit box after all, and it is in 'awesome shape' considering its age.  (I wouldn't give him $15 for it let alone $1500)!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-101-May-1968-Marvel-/132304930789?epid=85455831&hash=item1ecdfd07e5:g:h6IAAOSwRJ1ZndiN

16 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Well here's a doozie!   It was stored in a bank deposit box after all, and it is in 'awesome shape' considering its age.  (I wouldn't give him $15 for it let alone $1500)!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-101-May-1968-Marvel-/132304930789?epid=85455831&hash=item1ecdfd07e5:g:h6IAAOSwRJ1ZndiN

I needed a good laugh.  That one is a gem.  He probably has it listed for double that on CL.

Let's see...Cap 101....no biggie I- WAIT!!!!  OMG!!!  IT WAS STORED IN A DEPOSIT BOX???  OMG OMG OMG LEMME HIT BUY BEFORE ANYONE ELSE SEES IT-

Remind me of an ad on Craigslist one time. Had very old collection from my late husband, thing 1 and others. I'm thinking, ditko ga horror, woohoo!  I call, and sure enough, an elderly lady answers. I ask, can you describe the cover on thing 1. I'm salivating.  She goes, "hmm, let me see, there's this ugly monster.... "  I'm thinking, yeeeeesssss. She continues "... he's got these big blue trunks on." ?

Edited by bronze_rules

On 8/16/2017 at 6:26 PM, FineCollector said:
On 8/15/2017 at 9:04 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

"Perfect condition", lol.  Must be the "wrapped in plastic" that makes it that way. :roflmao:

When you ask a layperson what the condition of a comic is, the most common response I've heard is "it's in plastic."  I think many people believe that new comics come already bagged and boarded, and if it's got those, it's automatically mint in package like an action figure.

There was a guy on here within the last year or two that was selling magazines from the 70s and 80s, billing them as "still in their original plastic", which was seal-a-meal plastic.  I sent him a pm to let him know that the plastic was added post-newsstand.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

There was a guy on here within the last year or two that was selling magazines from the 70s and 80s, billing them as "still in their original plastic", which was seal-a-meal plastic.  I sent him a pm to let him know that the plastic was added post-newsstand.

Plastic Shmastic

3 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

LOL it's worth 1/100th of its asking price in that condition..............

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, 1950's war comics said:

lol it's worth 1/100th of its asking price in that condition..............

I notice he has no "make offer" choice.  I'd be tempted to offer him a five spot if he did

tell him you wanted to offer more than he's asking because you dont wanna cheat him but theres no best offer option.

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

"I stubbled across..." Meaning he rubbed his beard on it? I love the larger collections where the person takes the time to actually list every single book and then throw an outrageous price on it.