• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GS X-Men 1 / HULK 181 signed...should I submit?

19 posts in this topic

I decided it's time to let go of my GS X-Men 1 & HULK 180, 181, 182. Pulled them out and had forgotten that I had Len Wein sign all of them years ago on the first page. What do you guys recommend? Selling them unslabbed, or use another service that doesn't give them a "defect" designation?

Edited by Oat Willy1

3 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

I decided it's time to let go of my GS X-Men 1 & HULK 180, 181, 182. Pulled them out and had forgotten that I had Len Wein sign all of them years ago on the first page. What do you guys recommend? Selling them unslabbed, or use another service that doesn't give them a "defect" designation?

I don't think that CGC will give a "defect" designation if they're signed on the "front-page" just so if it doesn't show on the front/back cover....

6 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

I decided it's time to let go of my GS X-Men 1 & HULK 180, 181, 182. Pulled them out and had forgotten that I had Len Wein sign all of them years ago on the first page. What do you guys recommend? Selling them unslabbed, or use another service that doesn't give them a "" designation?

If you're selling them, I'd definitely slab them, especially the 181 and GS X-men 1.  I would slab the 180 and 182 if they were high grade, if they are mid grade or beaters, not worth it to slab these 2.  If the sigs are on the splash page, you're fine, if on cover, then you will have issues without verification of the sigs which usually is a qualified grade. 

Edited by scooter99

5 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

They'll put "Len Wein written on 1st page" instead of "Len Wein unverified signature" right?

I believe they will put "Len Wein written on 1st Page in Ink"

As for submitting them - yes on the GSXM1 and Hulk 181, and I think anything above a 7.0 on the Hulk 180 and 182 (even lower on the 180 since it is the first "cameo/appearance" - not trying to start this debate again)

9 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

It's the green label Im worried about. Wondering if this will devalue them

Those are serious books and anyone buying them understands.  I don't think it would hurt interest.  You can send it to C$B$C$S which has a verification service if you don't like the bright green of a label.

OK, so I submitted them all today. Went with CGC for the Hulks since I wanted them pressed prior to grading. The GS X-men 1 I didn't need pressed so I sent that to C$B$C$S for slabbing since they offer signature authorization. Thought having that authorization would be a good selling point. 

The Hulks - I thought the slightly higher grade due having them pressed would be more important to buyers than having the sigs labeled "officially authorized". Right move?

Edited by Oat Willy1

51 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

OK, so I submitted them all today. Went with CGC for the Hulks since I wanted them pressed prior to grading. The GS X-men 1 I didn't need pressed so I sent that to C$B$C$S for slabbing since they offer signature authorization. Thought having that authorization would be a good selling point. 

The Hulks - I thought the slightly higher grade due having them pressed would be more important to buyers than having the sigs labeled "officially authorized". Right move?

Were they signed on the cover?

42 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

No, 1st page

Sorry about that got confused forgot you were the o p, you did all right sending those to cgc I think you'll be pleasantly satisfied. I hope they're high-grade and wish you all the best!! :wishluck: