• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What percentage of guide to pay?

13 posts in this topic

I don't have much experience in buying huge lots, but in that grade and since you are taking all of them at once, I would think 15-25% would be fair. At least that is what I would pay.

In 2003 I passed on a near complete run of Creepy for under $300 that I was offered. Average F/vf if I remember. Hope that helps. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like 5-10% is more like it then. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

good luck on paying 5-10% of guide on those.

why would anyone who knows what they're doing sell them for that little?

the generic issues are good for $3-$5 each, maybe more depending on the cover/issue #, if they're in legit F/Vf and the other stuff, maybe more. sure, a bulk discount should apply, but there are limits. the #1s of creepy and eerie in F/VF go for what, $20-$50?

and if you're showcase NE, you can sell low grade copies for well over guide!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74&item=6531466287&rd=1

good luck on paying 5-10% of guide on those.

why would anyone who knows what they're doing sell them for that little?

the generic issues are good for $3-$5 each, maybe more depending on the cover/issue #, if they're in legit F/Vf and the other stuff, maybe more. sure, a bulk discount should apply, but there are limits. the #1s of creepy and eerie in F/VF go for what, $20-$50?

and if you're showcase NE, you can sell low grade copies for well over guide!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74&item=6531466287&rd=1

I recently got a run-away of a deal on full Creepy #1-70 and Eerie #2-#66 (few FN's, mostly VF's, Few NM's...with most of the Key issues VF or better) for $2 a piece with the exception of paying $15 for the Creepy #1 which is a solid VF 8.0/8.5.

But I got away with MURDER!...seriously devil.gif

If these runs that you are talking about have these issues in FN/VF or better - Creepy #1, 2, 9, 14, 19, 29, 32, 41, 146...Eerie #2, 8, 17, 23, 39, 40, 41, 42 then I would go for the lot up to 30% of guide for avg. grade.

All of those stated issues are Keys and the more desirable issues (sure I missed a few). If any of them are solid VF or better then sweet!

If any of those are less than Fines then I would say 20%. Thing is these are not too tough to get in Low Grades. So strict FN/VF books are a little tougher, but not much. If these were a set of VF+ or better then I would go as high as 45% of guide (assuming that those key issues are in there)

Hope that helps.

-bounty

893whatthe.gif Sweet deal. You have any dupes you are looking to sell? Also, didn't you say you had an extra Marvel Preview #2 or was that someone else?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif PM me if you do...

October, yeah, I'm not going to lie, I was exuhberant that my offer on those Warrens was accepted. You know one of those things that you just can't pass up regardless of what issues you already have.

As for duplicates...I got dupes up the wazzu of some of my stuff. I am currently going through a process of inventorying ALL of my stuff (which has been slow moving but picking up again). Of which I can then determine where exactly my dupes lie. From there I am going to drop them all on eBay, and let some lucky Mag Fiends get what they want...

Let me know if your interested, and I'll make sure to inform you when I do this...

-bounty

Yeah, I have a small handful of Marvel Preview #2's as well from FN 6.0 to NM 9.4...I know that you finally got your Sweet CGC 9.4...you still looking for another?

the fact that you or I or the guy next door may have gotten over on someone on one or more deals doesn't make it "market", just what some desperate/uninformed/rushed seller was willing to take right then and there. you know you can bust those up in smaller lots or individually and likely make a nice triple digit profit.

but whatever, you offer as little as you think could get accepted and be prepared to negotiate further. never start with what you're actually willing to pay!

the fact that you or I or the guy next door may have gotten over on someone on one or more deals doesn't make it "market", just what some desperate/uninformed/rushed seller was willing to take right then and there. you know you can bust those up in smaller lots or individually and likely make a nice triple digit profit.

but whatever, you offer as little as you think could get accepted and be prepared to negotiate further. never start with what you're actually willing to pay!

I completely agree my man. If you think about it like this. The "mile high collection"...Obviously Chuck did not buy those books for market value. He found an amazing deal and got i'm sure a heavy discount on purchasing them.

So it really is all about, you considering all angles. First off, getting books in groups even though many say that a bulk discount applies, many forget that the convienence of getting a bulk set should far outweigh the discount in the manner of man hours put together to collect the books, storage time over the years, and the sheer fact of if you bought those books individually online, that you would rack up a ton in shipping fees.

In some instances, going 40% of guide on decent books from a large lot aint too shabby all things considered that I mentioned confused-smiley-013.gif

-bounty