• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA Users - How do you use the Overstreet Guide

GPA Users - Do you use Overstreet?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. GPA Users - Do you use Overstreet?

8 posts in this topic

As the bulk of my books are raw then OS plays an important role.......GPA is a CGC support tool only.

I still use it for both. If i see a raw book for x dollars, and I check and see that they have been selling for x dollars in slabbed form, and they are close, then it tells me something about that book and how the gpa market views it.

I look at GPA to get a sense of the overall trend for sales of the slabbed book (have sale prices been rising, falling, staying the same, or jumping around?) as well as how far off guide they are selling. Of course I use the Guide for raw books. GPAnalysis doesn't tell me much for raw.

Actually they need a GPAnalysis-type tracking for raw book sales because the sales on ebay are certainly WAY off guide prices. The downside is that the grading is so poor on ebay that there's no way to know if a book that sold for 50% of guide in "VF" was actually a VF book, or whether it was a FINE that the seller was calling a VF..... But still it would be nice to have SOMETHING that is as up-to-date as GPanalysis for raw book sales.