• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At a 3-day con, do dealers wait until Saturday to bring out their full/best stock?
1 1

49 posts in this topic

This is a question to all dealers on here that do shows, especially those selling at baltimore and NYCC this year but open to all others.  

I usually attend all 3 days but I'm beginning to grow tired of fighting the saturday crowds that make it difficult to shop at dealer booths. I'm thinking of only going friday and sunday at Baltimore and NYCC and most future shows.  I do most of my buying friday and sunday anyways. I'm just wondering if dealers tend to not fully setup all their inventory on Fridays and bring out more or save their best stuff for saturday.  I can appreciate that either due to lack of time to setup and the short day Friday with low foot traffic and attendance dealers may not have time to fully set up their booths or not find it worth their time/risk bringing out their good stuff on friday.

I worry that by staying home on Saturday I may miss out on items the dealers only bring out satuday that i would have purchased that sell before sunday or I overlook when I return Sunday because I've already browsed a dealers booth and didn't find an item of interest on friday. I suppose I could always ask if they are holding anything back but my want list may not always be complete and I've often discovered items I'd forgotten I was looking for until I see it up on the dealers wall or table stock.

Edited by justafan
Bad grammar

8 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I highly doubt it. 

When it comes to big dollar books, personally I like to set up the sale weeks\ months before I ever go to the show.

when selling Caps dealers bust em out man they dont wait for s***

We bring all our best stuff each day, can't imagine why we'd hide it the first day.

We do sometimes change our box inventory at local, multi day shows depending on interest.  If we notice a trend towards older books, $1 books, modern variants, or whatever we'll sometimes take home books that weren't selling quickly and bring more of whatever is selling quickly.

Watch for hidden boxes or piles behind the boxes.  Sometimes a dealer may buy books or a collection during the show but not put it out right away because they haven't had time to process them.

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

We bring all our best stuff each day, can't imagine why we'd hide it the first day.

We do sometimes change our box inventory at local, multi day shows depending on interest.  If we notice a trend towards older books, $1 books, modern variants, or whatever we'll sometimes take home books that weren't selling quickly and bring more of whatever is selling quickly.

Watch for hidden boxes or piles behind the boxes.  Sometimes a dealer may buy books or a collection during the show but not put it out right away because they haven't had time to process them.

That's the stuff to go through, right Dave!  :headbang:

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

That's the stuff to go through, right Dave!  :headbang:

Dave & Dave comics

Just now, oakman29 said:

That has a good ring to it.:tink:

-but the postman always rings twice-

1 hour ago, kav said:
1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I highly doubt it. 

When it comes to big dollar books, personally I like to set up the sale weeks\ months before I ever go to the show.

when selling Caps dealers bust em out man they dont wait for s***

What about when they are bustin' caps?  (shrug)

1 minute ago, kav said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

What about when they are bustin' caps?  (shrug)

If you get silly, they grab they 9 milly...

Atlas fondlers get perforated.  :sumo:

Just now, lizards2 said:

Atlas fondlers get perforated.  :sumo:

DONT SQUEEZE THE CHARMIN SUCKA

5 minutes ago, kav said:
5 minutes ago, Wipple said:

:shy:

:roflmao:

You step on Mr. Wipple's turf,  you get squeezed, turd.  :sumo:

Edited by lizards2

Just now, lizards2 said:

You step on Mr. Wipples turf,  you get squeezed, turd.  :sumo:

what was I thinking

Just now, kav said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

You step on Mr. Wipples turf,  you get squeezed, turd.  :sumo:

what was I thinking

I was leaning on the 'turds without brains' option..., (shrug)