• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack would have been 100 today! What's your favorite King-related OA?

47 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Yeah. I'm so sad I didn't make this happen when it made rational financial sense. But those that did - you are blessed and lucky :)

@vodou Does that mean you had chances to purchase Kirby Celestials OA but passed on them? If so, would you mind sharing which pages and what the prices were?

I've only ever seen OA of the above two pages and these surface:

9af596124a07ab574ca09256fdd4ca07.jpg

Eternals #11 cover OA.jpg

Eternals #7 p.1 OA.jpg

3 hours ago, O. said:

@vodou Does that mean you had chances to purchase Kirby Celestials OA but passed on them? If so, would you mind sharing which pages and what the prices were?

I've only ever seen OA of the above two pages and these surface: ...

I meant Kirby Celestials (via Eternals) 'in general'. They haven't made $$ sense to me since the early oughts, but twenty years ago all 70s post-4th World Kirby was trash and you just had to stoop down to pick it up. Books were still complete back then which means...you could do that too. Having been there and not made the move, I'm little drawn to swapping a new Smart car for a really nice example today!

I love this one.  Dunno if it was ever found.

992f1713d0c8f496990cd617e952b526--new-go

I can imagine hundreds I'd love to have.

Danzig's Hulk pin up is amazing:

maxresdefault.jpg 

hulk.jpg.3f25cc41ee1cddc3d66b05bc13fe607b.jpg

I feel lucky just having this one Machine Man page.   I gotta take a nicer pic lol.

36766323401_495acc08f0_b.jpg

The core of my collecting interests is Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four. The two pieces I have lucked into were on display over the weekend at Krypton Comics in Omaha. 

I loved that I could share them with folks who would not otherwise have the opportunity.

image.thumb.jpg.6c1fe2ec62797029a8ed429220256645.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.8bb20eb4434946578a614d26d8bcdfc9.jpg

...unlike you lot that gets to see way better stuff whenever you want!

12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I also love Kirby's work on the Demon.

demon_splash.jpg

Oh, MAN.  This is the stuff.  In fact, I just wrote an essay for DC about how much this issue meant to me.  It was the first contemporary Kirby I ever saw (meaning I'd seen his old stuff in reprints, but not what he was currently doing) and it FREAKED ME OUT.  WOW.  Thanks for showing this off.  5 stars. 

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/08/29/gone-gone-the-form-of-man