• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw AF15 for sale in Victoria BC, Canada
2 2

39 posts in this topic

Not sure what defects are on case vs book but those I see that are most likely on book, tears on bottom, and stress on bottom staple, rough top cover would keep this book in the 7 range, at best.  If that white discoloration on spine and black smudges on cover are on the book it's going way lower.  No way near 500k let alone 1mil IMO.

Edited by MustEatBrains

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

This sale has garnered national attention...

(shrug)

Was part of a news mention broadcast from CTV Victoria, BC about 3 days ago. Subscription crease and other evident flaws just looking at front cover, thus Legends Comics is smart to have it slabbed before auction.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Was part of a news mention broadcast from CTV Victoria, BC about 3 days ago. Subscription crease and other evident flaws just looking at front cover, thus Legends Comics is smart to have it slabbed before auction.

Yes, of what you said about its condition. What that tell me something...is the fact there was a subscription recipient lived (or living?) in Victoria ,whom had got this book in mail originally. Can't prove anyway but I do wonder...

Smart of him to have it slabbed, more $$ that way.

Edited by Fan Boy
Sp

5 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:
2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Yes, of what you said about its condition. What that tell me something...is the fact there was a subscription recipient lived (or living?) in Victoria ,whom had got this book in mail originally. Can't prove anyway but I do wonder...

Smart of him to have it slabbed, more $$ that way.

But definitely not the $1M that he and the broadcasters keeps on emphasizing and "bold" silly enough to include in their headlines.  :gossip:  doh!

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

But definitely not the $1M that he and the broadcasters keeps on emphasizing and "bold" silly enough to include in their headlines.  :gossip:  doh!

Yup, not at THIS price lol!  You can thank to their idiotic social media. If it actual sells that close to the mark, then we need to congratulate the fool who pull the tigger in auction. 

Another interview mentions AF15 being the 3rd most valuable?

3rd most valuable comic book?!? Huh???

I'll agree that it's valuable but 3rd most? Aside from the obvious, what about Supes 1 and Batman 1?

Edited by BM Cruz

1 hour ago, BM Cruz said:

Another interview mentions AF15 being the 3rd most valuable?

3rd most valuable comic book?!? Huh???

I'll agree that it's valuable but 3rd most? Aside from the obvious, what about Supes 1 and Batman 1?

Af15 , tec 27, a1 are the only three to have sold over a million.   The af was a 9.6.

14 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Another proud moment for us Canadians , I'm guessing that's a 6-6.5 , not "the 3 Rd most valuable comic in the world" 

The shots where it's at arms length look really good.    They also mixed in B roll of another copy (with chipping) from Heritage's scans it seems like.   I'm going to guess it's a 7.5 or so