• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harvey thread
7 7

218 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Hey Richard I'll take   Love Diary 12 Love Diary 14,Lovers Lane 25,Lovers Lane 29 

Thanks,

Jack

See, that's what I am talking about! Thanks Jack!

3 minutes ago, comicjack said:
5 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

See, that's what I am talking about! Thanks Jack!

You talked me in to them 

But you had the courage, confidence, and conviction to follow your instincts. You wouldn't be swayed by the folks who followed the "normal" path. You stepped out of your comfort zone and took a chance. And for that you will be handsomely rewarded.

I am very proud of you!

4 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

:takeit:

mort leav :luhv:   buscema (worship)

no good guy!

Woot! Another risk taker! Thanks Andy.

53 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Lovers' Lane #25 - very fine minus - cream to off-white pages - $100 SOLD!

The ultra rare, super limited, highly sought after Canadian back cover variant edition...

loverslane25.jpg

loverslane25bc.jpg

I've always wondered what some of those comics in the advert on the back would be.

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I've always wondered what some of those comics in the advert on the back would be.

Me too. Probably all copies of Action 1.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

rack attack  :takeit:

And a killer Bill Ward story...but you knew that.

I want to thank everyone for taking a look, keeping me entertained, and ordering a few things. I think that is all I am going to list for now. I may start a new thread next week, depending on whether or not we receive new comics on time. I will try to get some invoicing done tomorrow but if you don't hear from me feel free to pm me a prompt me along.

#HOUSTONSTRONG  and Go Astros!

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Love Experiences #28 - fine minus - off-white to white pages - $60

"Because I Was Second Choice"

loveexperiences28.jpg

loveexperiences28bc.jpg

Archivists have struggled attributing an art style that appeared at Ace and bore a "superficial" resemblance to Matt Baker.  They refer to this unknown artist as "Ace Baker".  Although Lou Cameron, who worked at Ace, said it was Matt's work, Jim Vadeboncoeur says he thinks not and made it so - archives wise.

I think yes, at least in part.  In the Love Experiences 28, there are two Ace Baker stories imho.  The girl in the first panel, the guy in the second, and other panels, look like Baker's hand to me.

LoveExperiences28_int1_zpsulmnxfpr.jpg

LoveExperiences28_int2_zpscfrxhxok.jpg

Orbit may be, page for page, the best romance publisher of all.  Leav, Lawrence, Krigstein, Buscema, Anderson - their stories were alive, dynamic, not the usual talking heads.  Romance was very hard to draw in an interesting way.

The complete Orbit output - all of it, crime, western, romance, funny animal, teen - was 162 issues.  Really quite small.  Orbit romance, in decent grade, are very very hard to come by.  Issues between 1-10, forget about it.

Sorry Richard, I can't keep my yap shut about this stuff!  :preach:

59 minutes ago, wasonff said:

Late to the party Richard, but :takeit: 

35 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

There's your book, Drew! :applause: I was trying to remember who was asking me about this one....

Yeah, kinda funny how books pop up for sale when you least expect.  Nice to see you at the show Andy!

On 9/4/2017 at 4:38 PM, october said:
On 9/4/2017 at 1:15 PM, MrBedrock said:

Victory Comics 2 - very fine minus - cream to off-white pages - $1500 SOLD!

Some very light surface creasing keep this book from grading higher. Structurally sound with the eye appeal to match.

victory2.jpg

victory2bc.jpg

Noooooooooo

Yup. Sad I missed it too.