• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this bag in my collection...

6 posts in this topic

Was digging thru some of my original comic collection from the 80s of what's left of it and noticed this bag.its all I have left of my AF 15. The story: around 85,86 I received a call from titan comics Cumberland GA location.they had an AF 15,coverless for me that I had put on a want list.$30.00 and its yours.OK let's go mom! Sadly I no longer have it.sometime in 92 rent was due and I had the brainstorm of selling my comics to a local shop.the books I took and price i took would make you cry.I'm sore at comic stores to this day.how they convinced me comics wouldn't be worth squat and this is the best we can give you,blah,blah.just a short example of what I had,FF 1,x-men 1,gs1 to 120.hulk 181,asm 2,14,129 etc tons of keys all marvels some dc silver about a short box for the princely sum of $300. I remember going back into the place a few weeks later and seeing my x-men 1 for $700.ouch.well I've bought back everything I had(almost)within the last 5 years.lower grades then I had and many thousand dollars.looking back now i should of bought AF 15 when I got back in.oh well I have this small momento.

2017-09-04_00.12.57.jpg

2017-09-04_00.12.36.jpg

There are many of us on the boards that have a similar story to tell.  Mine is uncannily similar to yours, even to the exact price you got for your collection of comics!  

I probably spent less than $50 on my whole collection.  I read every single one of them, and thoroughly enjoyed them.   I hope the new owners enjoyed them as much as I did.

Yeah,what can you do? Believe me I didn't want to sell them.looking back I guess I can blame my roommate,they couldn't come up with their end of the rent so that was the save.as it is that didn't even last much longer and wound up back home for awhile anyway.speaking of back home and NM 98.another little comic tale...back in NY around 94/95 I had been collecting pretty serious for a couple years.one of the shops I went to called book ends in Eastwood,NY was closing.the store manager rich let me in early on the sale,all books $1 except wall books.I remember going thru a box filled with NMs thumbed past quite a few 98s.hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? Well I did clean up on 70s marvel horror titles.none of them were even keys.uhm why?

I sold a bunch of (what I thought were) drek comics to my LCS about 12 years ago, which included the first 25 or so issues of Batman Adventures. I figured, who cares about an out-of-continuity comic based on the Batman cartoon? I might have gotten a buck a piece in store credit for them. Needless to say, my stomach hurts a little each time I even see BA12 mentioned on these boards.