• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended shops in Vancouver, BC?
2 2

45 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2017 at 6:28 PM, DarkKnightReturns said:
On 9/7/2017 at 5:59 PM, Fan Boy said:

I know... I had seen some of Pat's better stuff in person. Some real nice ones!  :whistle:

I had placed my offer to him in buying one or two books. Pat said he will let me one day when he's ready. 

You too huh...I feel like he tells a lot of people this..."one day"

+1

Actually, I think you guys are being way too optimistic here as it's really more likely going to be "one of these years" or "one of these decades".  lol

I bumped into Pat today at the local con and asked him about the 3 books which he was going to pulled out for me since last year.  Not surprisingly, he said that he still hadn't run across them yet as he was too busy buying books from walk-in sellers to his store. 

In fact, it's been so long that it took me awhile to even remember what the 3 books were.  Well, I guess it'll be one of these years or decades since he said that he's got it marked down somewhere and the books won't be going to anybody else.  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

11 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I remembered the lady sitting in there (photo). She was there in the 2nd location after they moved from the first location. Forget what her name was, but she always treated me nice when I was a boy going to buy my new comics and second hand Archie digests. I had wrote few notes with Ken there too, about the comics up on the wall. 

I missed the old days when it was lot more excited than now.  

There were probably  a lot of boners when you were 13...., lol

When people post incredible $1 bin finds, collectors in Vancouver cannot even relate.  LCS here are way too on top of it not to get market rate plus for any book. I have pulls at two places.  Big Pete's in North Van and 8th Dimension on Main Street in Vancouver.  8th Dimension used to be RX.  RX closed and 8th Dimension was opened in the same spot by former RX employees. 

If you are staying downtown, Big Pete's is easy to get to.  You can take the sea bus from Waterfront Station, which is right beside Canada Place. The sea bus crosses over to North Van and docks at Lonsdale Quay. You could grab lunch at the Quay, which is small market/restaurant area and then walk like three blocks up to Pete's.  

Other things to do: Walk the trails of Stanley Park.  Rent bikes and ride around the Seawall in Stanley Park.  Visit Granville Island, which is a public market.  A fun way to get to Granville Island is to take the Aquabus from under the Burrard Street Bridge.  On Granville Island, you can also hire a small boat to take you around False Creek. 

Go to Spanish Banks, which is a pretty damn nice beach.  If you go to Spanish Banks, try having dinner at the cafe/restaurant at the Jerico Sailing Club. It is called the Galley Patio and Grill.  You could combine a trip to Spanish Banks and Galley Patio and Grill with a stop at the Comic Shop on 4th.  Spanish Banks is very close to the University of British Columbia. If you wanted to add a museum visit, I highly recommend the Museum of Anthropology at UBC.  It is top notch.

Lynn Canon in North Vancouver is very nice and it has a pretty spectacular pedestrian  suspension bridge.  It is free. There is also the Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver, but you have to pay for that one.  All the local mountains are also in West and North Vancouver. 

A nice place for dinner is the Cactus club in English Bay.  

Enjoy Vancouver!!!

20 hours ago, RidersRohan said:

When people post incredible $1 bin finds, collectors in Vancouver cannot even relate.  LCS here are way too on top of it not to get market rate plus for any book. I have pulls at two places.  Big Pete's in North Van and 8th Dimension on Main Street in Vancouver.  8th Dimension used to be RX.  RX closed and 8th Dimension was opened in the same spot by former RX employees. 

If you are staying downtown, Big Pete's is easy to get to.  You can take the sea bus from Waterfront Station, which is right beside Canada Place. The sea bus crosses over to North Van and docks at Lonsdale Quay. You could grab lunch at the Quay, which is small market/restaurant area and then walk like three blocks up to Pete's.  

Other things to do: Walk the trails of Stanley Park.  Rent bikes and ride around the Seawall in Stanley Park.  Visit Granville Island, which is a public market.  A fun way to get to Granville Island is to take the Aquabus from under the Burrard Street Bridge.  On Granville Island, you can also hire a small boat to take you around False Creek. 

Go to Spanish Banks, which is a pretty damn nice beach.  If you go to Spanish Banks, try having dinner at the cafe/restaurant at the Jerico Sailing Club. It is called the Galley Patio and Grill.  You could combine a trip to Spanish Banks and Galley Patio and Grill with a stop at the Comic Shop on 4th.  Spanish Banks is very close to the University of British Columbia. If you wanted to add a museum visit, I highly recommend the Museum of Anthropology at UBC.  It is top notch.

Lynn Canon in North Vancouver is very nice and it has a pretty spectacular pedestrian  suspension bridge.  It is free. There is also the Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver, but you have to pay for that one.  All the local mountains are also in West and North Vancouver. 

A nice place for dinner is the Cactus club in English Bay.  

Enjoy Vancouver!!!

The board of tourism should be offering you a position, great guide! (thumbsu