• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie Spec ending?
3 3

47 posts in this topic

Nah - there's still an announcement every three weeks or so.

But it's musical chairs -- former movie speculation books don't *cool* per se, it's just that they fall out of favor as the speculative money moves to the next thing.

What cracks me up is we're now seeing Marvel go back to the well.

Another cycle of Punisher speculation; another cycle of Venom speculation. I rode the wave when those movies hit the first time and banked some lovely cash.

Time to just start stockpiling FF 48s now before we get a "Disney-gets-the-rights-back Surfer-in-Guardians-3" announcement...

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:18 AM, 1Cool said:

Don't think so but there does seem to be lull in "hot" books popping up lately.  But there also seems to be no new trailers coming out or new movies being discussed either.  Didn't we just see some Awesome Hulk 22 explode in price last week but maybe that was not due to movie speculation.

Correct, not movie hype, I heard in passing about Tanning Bed Hulk 22 taking off so I looked it up.  Apparently its the first appearance of Preparation H.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:10 AM, Quicksilver Signs said:

Is the movie TV speculation age finally losing steam.  I Stopped paying attention to the latest hot book about a year ago. Feel sorry (not really) for all the people who dropped top dollar for books like FF 45

Or, are we just running out of 1st appearances?

They are running out of characters to mine from the Big Two. The last two major characters in the Marvel and DC Universes were created over 25 years ago with Deadpool and Harley Quinn who both have been in movies recently. Just about every Marvel/DC character of importance has been in a movie or tv show.

Look for characters who haven't been exposed big time to Marvel/DC movie/tv universes.

Hello Lobo!

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Correct, not movie hype, I heard in passing about Tanning Bed Hulk 22 taking off so I looked it up.  Apparently its the first appearance of Preparation H.

Nice job! I actually Googled "Tanning Bed Hulk 22." :roflmao:

nothing suprises me much anymore. Things can get so stupid theses days Tanning Bed Hulk sounds reasonable. 

5 hours ago, NoMan said:

Nice job! I actually Googled "Tanning Bed Hulk 22." :roflmao:

nothing suprises me much anymore. Things can get so stupid theses days Tanning Bed Hulk sounds reasonable. 

I remember my first two thoughts when "Totally Awesome Hulk" was first announced...

1.  "Totally Awesome"?  Are we all 5 years old?

2.  What's his catchphrase, "Hulk tan!"?

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

I remember my first two thoughts when "Totally Awesome Hulk" was first announced...

1.  "Totally Awesome"?  Are we all 5 years old?

2.  What's his catchphrase, "Hulk tan!"?

easily the worst of the diversity reboots.  If read it, you just wonder who the target market is (spoiler alert, its nobody, maybe Korean-American boys from non-coastal states ages 11-14). 

Captain Ameri-Falc is a solid second worst though, at least they hit some relevant social topics (though they over-bludgeon) and in theory have a larger target market (though anyone in their target market would enjoy Black Panther a million times more).

No one cares, but best diversity reboots by far are Ms Marvel and Lady Thor, honorable mention to Riri Williams.  X-23 Wolvie is fine too, if you count her.

4 hours ago, revat said:

easily the worst of the diversity reboots.  If read it, you just wonder who the target market is (spoiler alert, its nobody, maybe Korean-American boys from non-coastal states ages 11-14). 

Captain Ameri-Falc is a solid second worst though, at least they hit some relevant social topics (though they over-bludgeon) and in theory have a larger target market (though anyone in their target market would enjoy Black Panther a million times more).

No one cares, but best diversity reboots by far are Ms Marvel and Lady Thor, honorable mention to Riri Williams.  X-23 Wolvie is fine too, if you count her.

I really don't think the increase in diversity is intended to solely target the reflection of the character.  Lady Thor isn't aimed specifically at tall blonde women.