• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville"
2 2

101 posts in this topic

The Orville is finally heading towards season three.

Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi drama, which moved from Fox to Hulu in 2019 for its third season, was hit by the pandemic disrupting production, meaning fans were in for a pretty long wait after the second season premiered in 2018.

However, Jordan Helman, head of scripted originals at Hulu, has provided an update on progress. He said that he’s seen cuts of the show coming in and is hopeful of a premiere sooner rather than later.

“The past year and a half has been complicated on a variety of levels as it pertains to production,” he told Deadline. “I can’t share a launch date, but we’re really excited about what we’ve seen thus far.”

The Orville is produced by 20th Century Television and Fuzzy Door Productions. MacFarlane executive produces with Brannon Braga, David A. Goodman, Jason Clark and Jon Cassar.

On 8/6/2021 at 5:36 PM, D84 said:

It's the best Star Trek series since TNG.

Honestly, if I view this as Star Trek cannon, it is my third favorite behind TOS and DS9.  For me, I loved TNG as a kid, but find it has not aged well.  For me the new shows are almost unwatchable. 

On 6/28/2022 at 5:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Wow. I had no idea The Orville: New Horizons is the Star Trek: The Next Generation I was looking for. This season has gone beyond jokes.

Episode 4 is hardcore action. I never expected that.

Hi Nick :hi:

Yeah - I like the storylines but it has been hard for me to accept MacFarlane in the serious commander role. He is trying hard and maybe I have just stereotyped too much in my own mind.  Still on my watchlist and it is mixing in some nice humor too.  

On 6/29/2022 at 5:23 PM, telerites said:

Hi Nick :hi:

Yeah - I like the storylines but it has been hard for me to accept MacFarlane in the serious commander role. He is trying hard and maybe I have just stereotyped too much in my own mind.  Still on my watchlist and it is mixing in some nice humor too.  

Hi Jeff. :hi:

I definitely get what you mean with MacFarlane. But I have been purposely forcing myself to push past that just to enjoy the overall show. But I could see a crew like that stomping all over that 'captain' and taking over the ship.