• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Guides- Overstreet or ComicsPriceGuide

8 posts in this topic

I know that Overstreet is the said "bible" I  regards to price guides but does anyone use comicsPriceGuide.com? It seems to be pretty good for what I see in the real world for any given grade level, but some values are not of course.  I see some sellers way high on their prices in comparison to the CPG and don't know if this guide is as accurate as OPG for reality checks. 

Edited by G.J.B.

56 minutes ago, G.J.B. said:

I know that Overstreet is the said "bible" I  regards to price guides but does anyone use comicsPriceGuide.com? It seems to be pretty good for what I see in the real world for any given grade level, but some values are not of course.  I see some sellers way high on their prices in comparison to the CPG and don't know if this guide is as accurate as OPG for reality checks. 

For CGC slab sales, invest in a subscription to GPA: Comic Book Pricing & Analysis.  Well worth it if you buy or sell slabbed books.

The Heritage archives is also useful.  Although all the prices are, of course, included in GPA, you can still scrutinize scans of the actual copies to get an indication of why a particular book sold for more or less than you might have expected for the grade.

Browsing eBay and dealers' sites also gives you an idea of the max prices books are likely to sell for.

Until recently, I argued that except for hot books, Overstreet was in the ballpark for most GA.  Lately, though, it seems like almost across the board his prices are low compared with auction results. 

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The Heritage archives is also useful.  Although all the prices are, of course, included in GPA, you can still scrutinize scans of the actual copies to get an indication of why a particular book sold for more or less than you might have expected for the grade.

Browsing eBay and dealers' sites also gives you an idea of the max prices books are likely to sell for.

Until recently, I argued that except for hot books, Overstreet was in the ballpark for most GA.  Lately, though, it seems like almost across the board his prices are low compared with auction results. 

Actually not all Ha prices are in GPA, they auction off raw books. Their archives is a really helpful tool.

10 hours ago, comicnoir said:
15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Actually not all Ha prices are in GPA, they auction off raw books. Their archives is a really helpful tool.

Good point.  

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
20 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Good point.  

I guess you mean something like that raw Fair 1.0 copy of Action 13 that they was able to sell for almost $15K in one of their Sunday auctions last summer.  hm  :whatthe:

This is great.  Being a newbie I am learning all of the available resources.  Anything that helps to see a true picture of value is helpful. I pay $8 a month for ComicsPriceGuide and it helps but im not sure where they get all their data.  

On 9/12/2017 at 4:10 PM, Sqeggs said:

Trouble is, almost any book can get super hot very quickly. Real hard to keep up any more.