• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 HG SA DC's from the Sid's Luncheonette Collection

27 posts in this topic

sometime in the next month or two, i will be selling 100 HG SA DC's through Pedigree Comics.

every book was purchased by me between 1961 and 1964 at Sid's Luncheonette in Orange, NJ.

every book will be CGC graded between Very Fine 8.0 and Near Mint Plus 9.6. 60 of the books grade out at 9.0 and above.

all books will be unrestored.

i think every book will have a minimum page quality of off-white. (got all the grades but not all the PQs.)

Most of the major DC titles will be represented.

none of the books will have been Presold before being listed. hopefully, there should be something for all you DC fans.

Stay Tuned................

sometime in the next month or two, i will be selling 100 HG SA DC's through Pedigree Comics.

every book was purchased by me between 1961 and 1964 at Sid's Luncheonette in Orange, NJ.

every book will be CGC graded between Very Fine 8.0 and Near Mint Plus 9.6. 60 of the books grade out at 9.0 and above.

all books will be unrestored.

i think every book will have a minimum page quality of off-white. (got all the grades but not all the PQs.)

Most of the major DC titles will be represented.

none of the books will have been Presold before being listed. hopefully, there should be something for all you DC fans.

Stay Tuned................

893whatthe.gif

Dadgum BB, that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooosweet!

Looking forward to seeing them, Harry! thumbsup2.gif

they'll be coming soon................ grin.gif

Any chance a advance list of the titles and issues could be posted? We could wait on the grades/prices and let the suspense build blush.gif

Looking forward to seeing them, Harry! thumbsup2.gif

they'll be coming soon................ grin.gif

Any chance a advance list of the titles and issues could be posted? We could wait on the grades/prices and let the suspense build blush.gif

don't see why not!?!?!?

will put out a list on tuesday after the holiday weekend.............hope everyone got to enjoy yesterdays and early todays sensational weather here in the northeast thumbsup2.gif

Burnt,

I'm just curious, but are you selling *all* of your original books? Or are you keeping any for sentimental reasons? Forgive me if I'm coming in extremely late on this...

over the next 10 years, i'll probably sell off all of my original collection and the thousands that i bought over the past 4-5 years. gotta augment that pension a bit, and keep the little woman working for another 5 years or so.........

i've only sold 20 books so far in the first year, and the DC sale may be pretty much all that i sell in 2005.............so i'll be around with books for years to come. grin.gif

Do you or will you include a COA on the comics you originally purchased? It seems a shame that many may get assimilated into many collectors, collections and some may not no the story behind them. By the way I am looking forward to these comics coming up thumbsup2.gif

good idea! A cute lil Sid Lunceheonette cert would be great! Maybe like a diner menu, or a pic of the outside of the store... or a small town Main St scene.... Red Hook - - - paging mr Red Hook!

an interesting idea, but Sid's is long gone, although the building remains. i think any buyers of these books will know the full story through Pedigrees site............