• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a new comic to collect.

20 posts in this topic

I'm getting into collecting and I'm looking for a new lineup to get every month. I was thinking the new avengers might be a good one. What are your opinions please.

If you're a fan of Silver Age Marvel comics...

SPIDER-GIRL headbang.gif

You know what buy them to enjoy them. Once I read them I do throw a board and bag on it and tuck it away nicely. I guess when I wish I treated the stuff I won that was purchased in the late 70's and early 80's in the same manner I would be pretty darn happy but really only a small percentage of it would be worth more than a few bucks. Honestly I don't think they will be worth very much 20 years from now because there will be so many books slabbed that rarity will almost never enter into the equation. Buy some nice SA stuff, at least you'll have a 40 year head start.

Depends on your short-term and long-term goals.

But one piece of advice that Steve geppi gave me years ago:

"Stay within your means".

That has always saved me from going totally overboard and spending money that I did not have or borrowed too much to obtain collections.

CAL hi.gif

If your looking for some titles that are still cheap to obtain and IMO undervalued you might want to collect VALIANT comics they are still recent enough to be affordable plus they have GREAT stories.

KARL thumbsup2.gif

Check out "The Walking Dead" (3 trades out right now). I just finished all three and may start picking it up monthly. Great zombie stuff. Everything the movie "28 Days Later" should have been. thumbsup2.gif

I don't really collect moderns. I enjoy reading: Conan, Supreme Power, 100 Bullets, Y The Last Man, and Ex Machina.

Ditto on Supreme Power.

To bad it's moving to the watered down Marvel Knights line after #18.

Check out "The Walking Dead" (3 trades out right now). I just finished all three and may start picking it up monthly. Great zombie stuff. Everything the movie "28 Days Later" should have been. thumbsup2.gif

So you're not pimping 100 Bullets?! 893whatthe.gif Or The GOON?! 893whatthe.gif

Who are you and what have you done with Chrisco37!

BTW - they are both good reads AND very collectible! thumbsup2.gif

So you're not pimping 100 Bullets?! 893whatthe.gif Or The GOON?! 893whatthe.gif

Who are you and what have you done with Chrisco37!

BTW - they are both good reads AND very collectible! thumbsup2.gif

lol! 27_laughing.gif

Well, you know that I always promote Bullets. But, it's at #61 now, so I figured I'd go with something a little closer to the beginning. Goon is always a treat as well.

I just figured I'd mention one that I was new to as well that I enjoyed.

I don't really collect moderns. I enjoy reading: Conan, Supreme Power, 100 Bullets, Y The Last Man, and Ex Machina.

Ditto on Supreme Power.

To bad it's moving to the watered down Marvel Knights line after #18.

Just bought the hardbound which reprints #1 - #12. I love the heavy stock paper (mmm Zarda). Also a lot of sketches, variant covers, and reprints Avengers #85 and #86 - first appearance of Squadron Supreme. I highly recommend it. The cover sucks though.... tongue.gif

Collect anything by Jhonen Vasquez, who puts out stuff for Slave Labor Graphics. Squee, I Feel Sick, and bizarrely entertaining 1-shots like Everything Can Be Beaten, which has to be seen to be believed. grin.gif