• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 27 CGC 2.5 Blue Label going up for auction

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Was the book pressed as well ?  Do we know that there were not other "improvements" done that helped the grade?

And what is the highest grade a book can have with a split/detached cover?  If the answer is higher than 2.5, then that would still render the presence of tape moot, since tape itself is allowable at this low of a grade.  

-J.

No other improvements done

a fc completely split , today receives a 1.8 usually, occasionally a 2.0. 

It was a great copy to own and if I hadn't of just bought a 3.0 copy at the time , may not have been as aggressive to sell this one at that San Diego comic con way back then

1 hour ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

(worship)

Tape no tape split detached p**sed on I don't care I'd take the 27 all day

Yeah there are a lot of bluffers around here who will try to "talk down" a book.  At the end of the day that tape won't mean jack:censored:and this book will go for a bloody mint. lol  That's how it is for the mega GA keys. 

-J.

56 minutes ago, jabats said:

I believe it sat with a 375k offer and a 425k asking.

Initial 450 asking, dropped to 425. 375 offer up from 350 after the Berk auction.

Edited by Gotham Kid

A great Book. Just wanted to sate the history of this Book. Never said its not worth it.  Like insaid in hindsight a great invetsment. I just couldnt get over it was split and reattached for a grade bump. A great Looking 1.5 2.5 or whatever you call it. 

A  400k ++ book a coverless copy would sell 100k so this book is a a 400-500k today and i see it rising steadly.

Any unrestored tec27 and action1 are great investments and corner holygrail pieces that trasncend the hobby.