• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL HAIL JASON EWERT :P

90 posts in this topic

Thanks! Bid placed on that sweet copy of Silver Surfer 7! thumbsup2.gif

He sells the most perfectly square cut books. They're almost...unbelievable. blush.gif

They really are gorgeous. I can't believe I havn't seen his auctions before. What a dope, this guy could make a ton slabbing those sweet, sweet books!

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear those scans were "doctored". hail.gif

He sells the most perfectly square cut books. They're almost...unbelievable. blush.gif

They really are gorgeous. I can't believe I havn't seen his auctions before. What a dope, this guy could make a ton slabbing those sweet, sweet books!

He is a Powerseller with 99.1% positive feedback. Quit being paranoid. 893naughty-thumb.gif

He is a Powerseller with 99.1% positive feedback. Quit being paranoid. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I was just thinking out loud. shy.gif

I was just thinking out loud. shy.gif

It's ok. I hope more people feel the way you do. More Comickey gems for me! cloud9.gifyay.gif

Well having seen it, er the first part anyway I can pretty much tell you what they do. Tom and Jason hit a lot of big shows and rifle through all the dealers on preview night like Banshees while most ppl are shooting the 893censored-thumb.gif and before the average Joe Q public collector even gets their foot in the door. I don't mean just the wall stuff, they get in there and hit the bins. Needless to say I was pretty stoked they decided against Oakland.

They take anything that has 9.6ish potential and because they have been doing it for some time now they have a keen eye for high grades.

The second part stems from the fact that they are also rumored to have a keen eye for books with certain defects that can be altered and still garner blue label slabbed grades.

Between these two methods Ewert's auction always have HG CGC slabs for sale.

The second part stems from the fact that they are also rumored to have a keen eye for books with certain defects that can be altered and still garner blue label slabbed grades.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If he is suppose to be one of the many pressers, it is pretty easy to tell. I have several CGC books in my collection that have been pressed. All of them are very easy to spot. I have also seen a lot of silver age books that have been pressed, again, pretty easy to tell. Look carefully at the spines...

You are correct on that front sir. The two books I won are probably two of the nicest books I own when it comes to QP.

You mean Jason Ewert doctored your eyeballs?! 893whatthe.gif

If he is suppose to be one of the many pressers, it is pretty easy to tell. I have several CGC books in my collection that have been pressed. All of them are very easy to spot. I have also seen a lot of silver age books that have been pressed, again, pretty easy to tell. Look carefully at the spines...

Can you be a little more specific? If it's so easy to spot, why the controversy over non-disclosure? If you're right, anyone can spot pressing.

Believe me you got lucky. I know of at least 40 poeple who have received RESTORED books from him not advertised as such. OldGuy even has a website dedicated to him. You need to keep up with the times makepoint.gif

We are joking around. gossip.gif Everyone here knows Danny's tricks.