• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Friend Christian ...

50 posts in this topic

PM sent. I will send a package after this weekend. Heartbreaking story. I am so sorry for all involved. I was robbed at gunpoint twice over the past two years (one was a home invasion). Prayers and condolences.

Forumites Assemble!

An update -

We have received several packages in the last couple of days. My wife sees Christian everyday. We got a package at the house on Tuesday, and my wife took whatever book was on the top (King Size Daredevil 3 with a couple of Spider-Man reprints) and read it to Chris Wednesday. On Thursday, there was a package at the hospital that she opened and read Chris a Ultimate Six (I am not familiar with the title). She says he really liked it.

Chris is still immobile at the moment, that's why we have to read to him. We hope in the next week or so he will be off the respirator and be able to look at all the comics you all have sent him.

Thank you all very much, I know your gestures of kindness will mean alot to Chris.

On Thursday, there was a package at the hospital that she opened and read Chris a Ultimate Six (I am not familiar with the title). She says he really liked it.

Glad he liked it. thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

Did the pkg from waterbury make it yet? let me know please. I'll call and harass the hospital if it hasn't. It was marked heavy by the USPS I'm concerned it might go on a shelf in the mail room.

Bobel,

Yes, your package did come, my wife saw it there yesterday. She said it was very large and had alot of books in it. Thank you so much Bobel! thumbsup2.gif

I know his most cherished back issue collectible comic is a mid grade Hulk 102 he begged his mom to buy for him.

I want to ask you, my friends in the collecting community, if anyone has any reader comics that they would like to donate to Christian Davis. Chris will have a very long recovery in the hospital and rehabilitation, and is certain to have some amount of paralysis. Initially, he will have to have comics read to him until he regains some amount of mobility.

Hello Danny.

I hope all is heading in the right direction for young Christian.

I have been reading the posts day by day & it is pleasing to hear that he is receiving some nice packages from fellow formulites.

As I live in Australia it would cost a fair amount in postage to send a package to you.

An idea that came to mind today while mowing the lawn today. Could you set up a Paypal account that international forum members could donate some money into? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Personally I was thinking that if enough people donated a few bucks here and there it may be possible to purchase Christian a rather nice slabbed copy of "The Incredible Hulk #102" I am prepared to give some cash to get this started if it is considered a good idea. If we get another 10 people to do the same we could afford to get him quite a nice slabbed copy of this comic.

Let me know if you think that this would work.

If it does, all the international formulites can help out this little battler without giving a large portion of the donation to the local Postoffice and waiting for weeks for the package to arrive.

Regards,

Aussie Russ...

I know his most cherished back issue collectible comic is a mid grade Hulk 102 he begged his mom to buy for him.

I want to ask you, my friends in the collecting community, if anyone has any reader comics that they would like to donate to Christian Davis. Chris will have a very long recovery in the hospital and rehabilitation, and is certain to have some amount of paralysis. Initially, he will have to have comics read to him until he regains some amount of mobility.

Hello Danny.

I hope all is heading in the right direction for young Christian.

I have been reading the posts day by day & it is pleasing to hear that he is receiving some nice packages from fellow formulites.

As I live in Australia it would cost a fair amount in postage to send a package to you.

An idea that came to mind today while mowing the lawn today. Could you set up a Paypal account that international forum members could donate some money into? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Personally I was thinking that if enough people donated a few bucks here and there it may be possible to purchase Christian a rather nice slabbed copy of "The Incredible Hulk #102" I am prepared to give some cash to get this started if it is considered a good idea. If we get another 10 people to do the same we could afford to get him quite a nice slabbed copy of this comic.

Let me know if you think that this would work.

If it does, all the international formulites can help out this little battler without giving a large portion of the donation to the local Postoffice and waiting for weeks for the package to arrive.

Regards,

Aussie Russ...

Russ,

That is a really nice idea. I don't want anyone to think that I am soliciting "collector" comics for Christian, I was only looking to get him lots of reader books for the very long recovery and rehabilitation he will have.

If people wanted to do that, I would feel better about not collecting the money myself. I would prefer someone else to do it. I am so grateful that so many of you (about 18 now) have inquired about sending comics to Christian.

My wife has been reading him the Ultimate Six books, and is almost done, she will start reading him something else soon. I can't wait for him to be off the respirator and out of ICU so we can bring his books into his room and let him see what you all have sent him so far.

As far as a Hulk 102, or anything like that, if someone wants to do it, let me know, I will even donate.

A small handful of reader Silver Age is on the way! 893applaud-thumb.gif

If he likes the Hulk, I'm sure he'll love the Tales to Astonish 93 with the Silver Surfer story. One of the gems of any Age!

thumbsup2.gif

Ultimate Spidey Trade and some single readers just shipped.

Besides comics, what else does he like (like music, sports, etc.)? Anything to help out with the healing process.

Silver, could you please PM me your address so that I can put something together?

I have some really sad news ...

my friend Christian died last night due to complications from the injuries he sustained in his attack.

Over the last week or so, he had taken a turn for the worse. My wife had been reading him comics that you all had sent, playing music for him, and just visiting him everyday. She was unable to do so the last week due to his condition. In the end, Christian's injuries were just too severe.

I don't know what to do with the comics you all sent. I could give them to a local childrens organization or whatever you all suggest.

Thank you again for the kind support and sincere generosity you all showed my young friend.

Christian:

chris1.jpg

chris2.jpg