• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SNES Classic

23 posts in this topic

I just bought it for $79.99 through the Amazon Treasure Truck.  I was sent an alert and then clicked the buy it now.  It was waiting for me in a Treasure Truck bag on W 28th street.

I have to be honest here... I saw what they are going for... Do I open or flip and buy it again three weeks later at cost?

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I just bought it for $79.99 through the Amazon Treasure Truck.  I was sent an alert and then clicked the buy it now.  It was waiting for me in a Treasure Truck bag on W 28th street.

I have to be honest here... I saw what they are going for... Do I open or flip and buy it again three weeks later at cost?

I would flip it, as @Broke as a Joke says they made plenty of these, also they will probably bring it back if they are goiing to bring back the NES one. Get your money now before the bubble pops.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/nintendo_is_resurrecting_the_nes_classic_mini_and_increasing_snes_classic_inventory

Nintendo has announced that it is putting the NES Classic Mini back into production next year.

The company stated that the NES Classic would cease production earlier this year, leading to complaints from fans who hadn't been able to obtain one. As a result, the system's price on the secondary market went through the roof, with units changing hands for two or three times the original sale price. 

Thankfully, Nintendo has listened to reason and is going to release more NES Classics during the summer of 2018.

I got one the morning it came out. Arrived at Smyth's Toys about a half hour before opening and was 2nd in line. By opening time the line was probably 50 strong. I must say, Super Metroid and Zelda have been taking up time that would be better spent studying.

My friend ended up with about 4 of them, pre-ordering from France and such. He plans on giving them as Christmas gifts, but I told him he's crazy and should flip them while there's still a ridiculous demand.

5 hours ago, Foley said:

I got one the morning it came out. Arrived at Smyth's Toys about a half hour before opening and was 2nd in line. By opening time the line was probably 50 strong. I must say, Super Metroid and Zelda have been taking up time that would be better spent studying.

My friend ended up with about 4 of them, pre-ordering from France and such. He plans on giving them as Christmas gifts, but I told him he's crazy and should flip them while there's still a ridiculous demand.

Super Metroid is my favorite SNES game of all time. That music is so atmospheric.

Super Metroid is magnificent.  Zelda usually ranks higher, but if not for the SNES Classic, I was really considering putting down $60CDN for a loose cartridge.

If you bought one, play it and enjoy it.  You stood in line for the privilege of getting one first, not to make a buck off it.  If it's still not open, and scalping it has been your thought all along, you're scum.  Simple as that.

2 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Super Metroid is magnificent.  Zelda usually ranks higher, but if not for the SNES Classic, I was really considering putting down $60CDN for a loose cartridge.

If you bought one, play it and enjoy it.  You stood in line for the privilege of getting one first, not to make a buck off it.  If it's still not open, and scalping it has been your thought all along, you're scum.  Simple as that.

Actually there are bots now that can get you the SNES mini classic without standing in line.

Google snes classic bots. I use to be one of those guys that stayed in line for hours in the cold. I rather pay a little extra with a bot than waste hours in line.  

The Gamestop by my house had 15 extra. I came 45 minutes early and was 12th in line, so I got one YAY!

Gamestop had me on the list to call when pre-order's were available. They failed to call, so I was glad that I ended up with one :)