• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 on eBay. My grade 8.5, CGC 3.5.

29 posts in this topic

I asked the seller the last time he put this up for sale about the smudges on the cover and he states those were the results of old residue from the paste the publisher used to put the "File Copy" sticker on the book.  He did have some wiggle room on the price though, willing to go about a third of the asking price.

I like this part of the description:
"The values of issues just keeps going up! It's AMAZING! Amazing fantasy 15 spidermsn issue under different title hits $261k this week and action comics one break $2 million dollars ! This First issue and origin of spidermsn should be equal in value too these soon! Very soon"

:roflmao:

I asked the seller the last time he put this up for sale about the smudges on the cover and he states those were the results of old residue from the paste the publisher used to put the "File Copy" sticker on the book.

As John Ruth would say "Horse ? !"

He's very obnoxious to talk to.  I had a back and forth with him a few weeks ago after offering him the 90 day GPA price for a 3.5, which was insulting to him.  He went on about "his grade" and how he knows more than CGC and then we had a mindless debate about page quality and the difference between saying a book has "white pages" when it's designated OW/W.  It was a mind numbing conversation which resulted in him threatening to sue me after I called his ebay listing fraudulent. :eyeroll:

11 hours ago, DST said:

He's very obnoxious to talk to.  I had a back and forth with him a few weeks ago after offering him the 90 day GPA price for a 3.5, which was insulting to him.  He went on about "his grade" and how he knows more than CGC and then we had a mindless debate about page quality and the difference between saying a book has "white pages" when it's designated OW/W.  It was a mind numbing conversation which resulted in him threatening to sue me after I called his ebay listing fraudulent. :eyeroll:

Sue you for what?  Having an opinion? 

11 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Sue you for what?  Having an opinion? 

Apparently.  This was the last thing he wrote to which I didn't bother responding anymore:

"Can you read? Cgc label it Clearly says it has white pages! When it's gives a Range of page quality saying it has white pages ! That mean it has WHITE Pages or it would not say the book has white pages! I would love to sue your and win for you slandering me claiming my ad is fraud' I bet you don't even know what fraud means! You insufficiently_thoughtful_person"

The white pages comments he's making were in response to me saying the label on the book he is selling designates "off-white to white pages" not "white pages".  The "insufficiently_thoughtful person" was how the CGC boards translates the word "i-d-i-o-t".  I just copied and pasted and that's how it came out lol

Edited by DST