• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 on eBay. My grade 8.5, CGC 3.5.

29 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2017 at 3:40 PM, pemart1966 said:

I asked the seller the last time he put this up for sale about the smudges on the cover and he states those were the results of old residue from the paste the publisher used to put the "File Copy" sticker on the book.

As John Ruth would say "Horse ? !"

I called him out on this too.  He use to say in the information it was a file copy.  I asked him how he knew because cgc typically marks them as file copies.  He said the grader told him so.  You’ve got to be a special kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_person to think that story’s going to float.  He also said “as long as the buyer believes it doesn’t matter if it’s true”.  

35 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I called him out on this too.  He use to say in the information it was a file copy.  I asked him how he knew because cgc typically marks them as file copies.  He said the grader told him so.  You’ve got to be a special kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_person to think that story’s going to float.  He also said “as long as the buyer believes it doesn’t matter if it’s true”.  

Wow, that's some seriously flawed logic. So, according to this guy, as long as somebody believes his lie, it's not a lie? What an a-hole.

3 hours ago, comicquant said:

He also said “as long as the buyer believes it doesn’t matter if it’s true”.  

What a wonderful human being. When I first saw that I thought he was just insufficiently_thoughtful, however it seems like he is just an alpha_deep_cavity.

2 hours ago, Omaha-CGC-Comics said:

Not that it would change his attitude or his dip-$h!t mentality, but someone should point him to this thread to show him how he is perceived. But once again, I doubt it would change anything about him... What a loser... 

It would not surprise me if he just started threatening that he will sue us all, or something similar. :facepalm: