• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have a copy of Crime Does Not Pay #40 handy?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, if anyone has a copy of Crime Does Not Pay #40 handy, could you give me a page count on the middle story, "The Last Laugh of the Lone Wolf Bandit"?

I won a lower grade copy on Ebay. I'm pretty sure that the centerfold is out (not mentioned in the listing! frustrated.gif), but I want to be sure before I contact the seller. It's one of those cases where it's sort of hard to tell from the story, though I haven't encountered too many 4 page stories in this period of CDNP- looks to me from comparing adjacent issues that it should be an 8 pager. Unfortunately, this issue isn't indexed on the GCD. Thanks.

What is the page count, excluding the covers, of the book. That should be a good indicator of anything missing.

Believe this should be a 52 pager (48 interior plus 4 pages for the covers). You should be able to count 12 pages from middle to front cover and middle to back cover. If you do the page count is correct.

No, it's incomplete... It's only got 44 interior pages. I was almost certain the centerfold was out but I just wanted confirmation before I emailed the seller. As I said, I have a few adjacent issues- all 52 pages with covers. I can see, however, how she over-looked it. It's not really obvious from the story or the page numbering. Hopefully she'll be understanding. I get the impression from the listing and her previous sales that she doen't normally sell comics, but she does have a "perfect" FB rating.

On one or two occassions in the past I've just eaten books on small $5 or $10 ebay purchases, but on this one I paid pretty much Guide with shipping (Guide if the CF was there!). $40 seems a bit too much to swallow in this case.