• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signs of Marvel’s resurgence in comics
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Share any signs of Marvel’s resurgence here. lol  Seriously.

For one, I’ve heard the ongoing Daredevil series (2015, Soule) contains some super writing.  As a Columbia Law grad, I’m extremely intrigued by Soule (another CLS grad) writing DD (yep... CLS  grad).  Looking forward to reading the run.

Just now, JohnFranklin said:

I did heard a number of their books are going back to regular numbering....stopping the rebooting I guess?

Yeah, but for how long? They've already done that...several times. The damage is done, but don't take my word for it. I haven't bought a modern in 17 years. I have picked up a few DC along the way.

2 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Yeah, but for how long? They've already done that...several times. The damage is done, but don't take my word for it. I haven't bought a modern in 17 years. I have picked up a few DC along the way.

I hope they stick with it...the numbering, I guess though if they figure some how they can squeeze out more money by rebooting they'll reboot again...

Believe it or not I just saw a Marvel comic books commercial.! For legacy it says that it will reintroduce past characters and keep going with the new ones too... On Me-TV @oakman29 next on this channel though 1941's The Wolfman...

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

For one, I’ve heard the ongoing Daredevil series (2015, Soule) contains some super writing.  As a Columbia Law grad, I’m extremely intrigued by Soule (another CLS grad) writing DD (yep... CLS  grad).  Looking forward to reading the run.

I think we should just start calling Marvel...... Disney now.  How does the term "Walt Disney's Spider-Man" sound ?   Anything that happens there be it art, writing, editorial, advertising or numbering...... is all what Disney says it will be now.

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

I think we should just start calling Marvel...... Disney now.  How does the term "Walt Disney's Spider-Man" sound ?   Anything that happens there be it art, writing, editorial, advertising or numbering...... is all what Disney says it will be now.

Hey now, we already have a Marvel's Declining Sales thread... this is for the positive stuff ;)

2 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:
4 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Hey now, we already have a Marvel's Declining Sales thread... this is for the positive stuff ;)

ahhh.....  so you don't think Disney's involvement is "positive" ?  :baiting:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Believe it or not I just saw a Marvel comic books commercial.! For legacy it says that it will reintroduce past characters and keep going with the new ones too... On Me-TV @oakman29 next on this channel though 1941's The Wolfman...

I can't wait for the Wolfman!    :banana:

Spoiler

They’re bringing real Wolverine back in Marvel Legacy.  I’d call that more of an admission of “man did we (&@@)&&$ up” than any sort of resurgence though.

And if Charles Soule ever wrote anything remotely original I’d be astonished, Death of Wolverine was the most unimaginatively derived piece of trash ever written.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:
  Hide contents

They’re bringing real Wolverine back in Marvel Legacy.  I’d call that more of an admission of “man did we (&@@)&&$ up” than any sort of resurgence though.

And if Charles Soule ever wrote anything remotely original I’d be astonished, Death of Wolverine was the most unimaginatively derived piece of trash ever written.

I’ve yet to read him, but will update soon with my opinion...

14 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

I will check it out. (thumbsu

Daredevil is one of my top characters. 

I think going back to legacy numbering and restoring our traditional heroes back to their titles/costumes can’t hurt.

I understand WHY they tried to change things up but it didnt achieve the results they were looking for and I feel it didn’t work out because the majority of comic book readers/collectors  ( I may be wrong on this) are middle aged men like me and we want the characters we grew up with in the titles we love and collect. Not to disparage gender/racial change, but these changes came at the expense of heroes that we all grew up loving for decades and the change was not needed. Nothing wrong with new characters coming on the scene but it could have been done without changing/removing characters who have been staples in our lives for 50+ years.