• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF1

6 posts in this topic

There are 4 spots on the inside cover that have small tears (visible on the right side of the cover scan) with a little bit of old glue or adhesive holding them together.

Is that significant enough that the book will warrant a restored grade?

If so, and there were 4 3mm wide x 10mm high pieces of paper missing on the ride side of the cover do you believe it would grade higher?

Your opinions are appreciated.

90617GRADEDE043.jpg

90617GRADEDE044.jpg

46 minutes ago, Sean1125 said:

There are 4 spots on the inside cover that have small tears (visible on the right side of the cover scan) with a little bit of old glue or adhesive holding them together.

Is that significant enough that the book will warrant a restored grade?

If so, and there were 4 3mm wide x 10mm high pieces of paper missing on the ride side of the cover do you believe it would grade higher?

Are you implying you would cut out the areas with glue to avoid a restored grade??  :whatthe:

1 hour ago, skrank said:

Are you implying you would cut out the areas with glue to avoid a restored grade??  :whatthe:

I am new to comics and educating myself on grading. I had one of the websites that does comic restoration recommend it. Judging by your response you don't agree.

This book looks beautiful.  If that's a result of pieces added during a restoration, another professional might recommend removing them.

I'm not sure what grading penalties you'd incur for minor tear seals but avoid anything that results in loss of original material.  

Are you saying that the "Marvel Chipping" was glued down to hold it in place.  If that's the case, then definitely have the glue removed.  If there are pieces that have been glued on (like maybe the bottom right triangle) then the book will suffer in grade quite a bit if you remove the piece.

It's a nice looking book.  I hope it's just the MC that needs glue removed, if so I'm thinking it could get a 5.5 Blue