• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20% Ebay Code PROMONYCC
2 2

65 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, ChiSoxFan said:
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, lizards2 said:

Yeah - sadly, you can see the 382 is really only about a 9.0, but it was the only one I still need of that part of the run.  I thought I had picked one up from jscomics on eBay years ago as they had listed a few, but my inventory  space is blank, and so I went to the boxes in desperation, and there was nothing there.  There is another 9.2 on eBay for I think $180 from Greg Reece - It didn't really look any better.

That looks to be a very nice copy you picked up - Twin Cities, white.  Congrats :applause: 

Thanks! :foryou:

Greg does have a #382, -- it's on his website for less than eBay, but for more than I wanted to pay, especially with that copy you snagged on the 'Bay.  It's crazy how few of the issues are on the census -- only 1 9.6, and 3 9.4's are higher than the 7 9.2's on there.  All of the Supergirl Adventure issues have a relatively low total number of copies on the census (other than the #381), but for whatever reason, this one is a toughie. (Speaking of low numbers on the census, issue #424 -- the last Supergirl in the title -- has a ridiculous 5 copies total graded on the census, but there are two 9.6's and one 9.4.  If anyone here has one of those three copies, PM me and let's talk! :baiting:).

Hey @ChiSoxFan

I got this book in today, and it turns out the photo greatly exaggerated the flaws.  Or shall I say, "apparent flaws" - as only a few of those spine tics are actually there - the big one just below Supes cape doesn't exist at all.  This book is all a 9.2, and better than a ton of 9.4s I've cracked out, making me doubly happy on the way I used my coupon!  :banana: 

15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Hey @ChiSoxFan

I got this book in today, and it turns out the photo greatly exaggerated the flaws.  Or shall I say, "apparent flaws" - as only a few of those spine tics are actually there - the big one just below Supes cape doesn't exist at all.  This book is all a 9.2, and better than a ton of 9.4s I've cracked out, making me doubly happy on the way I used my coupon!  :banana: 

:applause: