• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Totally awesome hulk #22

9 posts in this topic

Agreed.... if you have them...sell them. When Spider-Gwen and Gwenpoole came out, everybody was going gaga over them. Even people that not into comics, wanted to cosplay the characters. With Weapon H, this is just a hype. 

Personally I think it's such a freaking cool mash up i'll be holding these, and will have zero regrets if it "tanks" because i'd be happy to have them in my PC. It's all preference of course, and i'm sure we're in for a landslide of mashup characters now, so who knows. You will also always have purists, old school guys and modern haters saying to buy the safer silver/bronze keys instead, which is never bad advice long term. But those books have settled for the most part with their arcs done and stories told. At least with Weapon H we have unknown direction, and fresh new content TBD. 

Modern keys are so volatile, the ROI is so high and risk so low, you'd be crazy not to hold one or two if you have multiples. What if it's a consistent $500 9.8 in a year or two? Would your $30 raw profit today be worth it then? If it settles to a $100 9.8 (doubtful) then you still profit ~$60, assuming you're in at cover price, it's literally a win/win. People mess up by comparing this character to that character (spidergwen), when really WHO KNOWS?! Market trends are not  black and white by any means, and there are always stand out exceptions to every rule. I think $35-40 isn't a terrible buy in either, maybe wait for a deal but I'm not sure NM+ raw copies will drop much if at all in the foreseeable future, worst case you lose what, $10-15 on your purchase? Best case you make hundreds and hundreds if not thousands. Don't bank too hard on it if you're just getting in but, I sure have a copy socked back.

I would put the Batman who laughs in this same boat.

Just my 2 cents...

HOLD!

Edited by Hickok8AA8

1 hour ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Market trends are not  black and white by any means, and there are always stand out exceptions to every rule. I think $35-40 isn't a terrible buy in either, maybe wait for a deal but I'm not sure NM+ raw copies will drop much if at all in the foreseeable future, worst case you lose what, $10-15 on your purchase? Best case you make hundreds and hundreds if not thousands. Don't bank too hard on it if you're just getting in but, I sure have a copy socked back.

I would put the Batman who laughs in this same boat.

Just my 2 cents...

Agree with this - I bought just 1 copy at cover price and will hold for now. Like you said, selling now for $40-50 profit while %-wise is great, is still just $40-50 in actual dollars. Not exactly a lot of money. I'd rather hold, see what happens with the new on-going series and whether it's a character that gets more popular or not. If it does (and even if it's that a fairly low probability), it's got good technicals (relatively low print run, no variant covers) that price could react fairly strongly. I'm ok giving up potentially $40-50 (absolute worst case scenario if it's a total bust and years from now it's back at cover price) for a chance at that high upside, even if not that likely.