• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzzetta and NYCC 2017: The Thread Nobody Demanded
2 2

184 posts in this topic

It' the annual Buzzetta goes to New York Comic Con thread.  As always the thread will contain pics of things I saw, various picks from the weekend both at the con and away, some things to show off, loot I took home to sell off and what I kept for me. I met up with some boardies, brought along some friends, walked the floor and took pics of the cosplayers.  As always, sit back pop a favorite drink... and be ready to go look through the thread as I offer commentary on all of my foolishness.  At the end of the thread I will post my thoughts on this years show. 

Here is a heads up - there are barely any wall books.  

Song for the thread... There will be numerous intermission breaks and songs littered throughout when I need to organize some stuff or stretch or whatever... 

Starting off: Eddie Vedder - Society (Jerry Hannon Cover) - Song about excess... great way to start a thread about NYCC

IMG_9767.thumb.JPG.7156156ac159592105b3ae6d11e5c3d0.JPG

Now the first thing that happened was that I ran into a friend of mine that I see about once a year and usually at NYCC... I rolled into the venue and there she was my friend from 5th grade.  With that... we said there will be more Comic Con later and we went to get some beer at McQuaids and then Gotham Market.  It was good to see her as our schedules do not bring us around to see each other often given what I do... and given what she does.  I would say more but I will save that for Facebook. 

Pic related... she says that this is one of the best beers ever.  I give her that... it was pretty, pretty pretty, pretttttttaaaaaaaaay good. 

IMG_9770.thumb.JPG.e92fb0bc23d78c996e609ee348643539.JPG

By this time I did a scouting mission around the venue.  Did a quick scout around because the show was starting to close up.  I ran to Hotflips and grabbed some CGC bags and then ran to Larry Hama to put my name on the list for two commissions. More on those commissions later... those sweet sweet commissions.   In the meantime... I saw Captain America and Braveheart... 

Hold on... I just sold another NYCC Funko Pop and I am going to wrap it up. 

IMG_9774.thumb.JPG.edbfc0e6efc6e1637fd7f392f5331066.JPG

David Bowie !!!! this gets a song  !!!!

Maybe two... maybe three....

David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

Phish - David Bowie

David Bowie - Suffragette City

IMG_9778.thumb.JPG.6b93b64dd81fecdf1d790b8873de3aff.JPG

Cruella DeVil be all gangsta up in this place.   No seriously... this guy was treating a Disney villainess like he was Scarface... it was... different.

IMG_9786.thumb.JPG.122090c19cad8959c6cbedf58ab1bab6.JPG

Since I pretty much missed Thursday, I figured I would meet up with a boardie quickly who was downtown.  Right after that since I was in the area... I went to Down the Hatch.  Best wings in the city... Same stuff as Off the Wagon and Atomic Wings... I've been going to this bar on and off since I was in college... great place... with that I also stopped to watch a couple of innings of the Yankee game... which we will not discuss any further right now.  

IMG_9792.thumb.JPG.00008c25cf329fb987b107950fd1588c.JPG

Friday after work, I started to walk from Penn Station subways to the Javits.  This was a little person dressed up as a troll. This person posed for a pic from the front but I noticed that it didn't come out right it was blurry.  I quickly snapped another one and didn't want to trouble the person again.  They were in a rush.