• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your least favorite inker?

23 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, kav said:

Spot on on your list.  I actually like Jack Abel's dark style but coletta, blaisdell, and chiaramonte absolutely destroyed Curt Swan's work.  So did oskner-yuck.  

Pretty much a comprehensive list of inkers there that made many mid-70s DCs a chore to read and boring even to look at.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/25/2018 at 11:15 PM, SuperZar said:

Serious? Klaus Janson easily one of the best all-time inkers. Made alot of plain vanilla art really come alive.  I'll certainly agree with Milgrom.  Dan Adkins also comes to mind as very mediocre.

Dan Adkins? I thought he was a decent, though not incredible, inker over Wood. They had a very similar style.

He also pencilled the cover to Doctor Strange #169, which has always been one of my favorites. He lived in Reading, PA (or somewhere around there), and he showed up at a few local conventions in the 1980s.