• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, kimik said:
5 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Winnipeg/Toronto final

Hopefully they are both knocked out in the first round.......

What's wrong with Winnipeg?

Gives Oiler fans a Canadian team to watch, during their annual post golf rounds at the clubhouse.

My rule is simple - the only Canadian team that deserves to win the Cup is the Oilers so I will cheer against all of the others. I was probably the only Oilers fan cheering for Pronger and the Ducks vs. the Sens a decade ago, but c'est la vie!

2 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Edmonton has to learn it takes more than one player to make a hockey team. There’s no McJesus in TEAM

They know that. This year they faced the injuries and down years from too many players - last year was the opposite as they were healthy and had a number of peak/career years at the same time.

That being said, the team needs a GM and Coach that can build/coach a team for the current NHL. The MacTavish/Eakins combo was horrible, but I would argue that Chiapet/TMac is even more inept since they missed the playoffs with McDavid. My opinion is likely biased, though, as I did not want either one of them hired in the first place. Chiapet drove the Bruins into no prospect and salary cap hell after winning the Cup, and TMac is not a coach you can win a Cup with - his SJ teams always underachieved (notice that they went to the Cup Finals the season right after he was fired?). 

8 hours ago, 500Club said:

What's wrong with Winnipeg?

Gives Oiler fans a Canadian team to watch, during their annual post golf rounds at the clubhouse.

Sitting side by side with Flames fans........

6 hours ago, kimik said:

(shrug)

I get it that you don’t like the Flames. That part makes sense, since you’re an Oilers fan. But to cheer for all US teams to beat every Canadian team except the Oilers, doesn’t make any sense to me. 

You will never cheer for any of the last remaining Canadian teams, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Vancouver, because their fans may sometimes cheer for the Flames? :screwy: 

Or am I getting this wrong? 

Most Canadians will cheer for the last remaining Canadian team in the playoffs, because we love our country.  I can see your case for the Flames, but not the other ones. 

Oh, and Michael J Fox not coming to this show really sucks. 

I wasn’t going to see him, but there’s a huge cool factor to he and the others from Back to the Future all showing up. Too bad. 

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

I get it that you don’t like the Flames. That part makes sense, since you’re an Oilers fan. But to cheer for all US teams to beat every Canadian team except the Oilers, doesn’t make any sense to me. 

You will never cheer for any of the last remaining Canadian teams, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Vancouver, because their fans may sometimes cheer for the Flames? :screwy: 

Or am I getting this wrong? 

Most Canadians will cheer for the last remaining Canadian team in the playoffs, because we love our country.  I can see your case for the Flames, but not the other ones. 

Yep!

7 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Oh, and Michael J Fox not coming to this show really sucks. 

I wasn’t going to see him, but there’s a huge cool factor to he and the others from Back to the Future all showing up. Too bad. 

Agreed, would have drawn crowds wanting to meet them all and get their signatures.