• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEATSTUFFCOLLECTABLES is the worst seller on eBay!!!

25 posts in this topic

Check this out. I couple of months ago I saw that this particular seller had about 200 comic book auctions up on eBay, all of them starting at only one penny. I won about 15 comic books with most of the auctions ending at one penny. I think the total was about $12.00 before shipping. The seller asked for $25.00 to cover the shipping costs. I could not believe that he was asking for so much money to ship about 15 comic books. For one reason or another, I went ahead and paid what the seller asked for. I paid with an e-check through Paypal so it took a few days for the e-check to clear. Just as soon as the e-check cleared, I e-mailed the seller and asked him to let me know when my package has been shipped out. The seller replied by saying that I still owed him another $50.00 for shipping. I completely flew off the handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this criminal wanted a total of $75.00 to ship 15 comic books. I flat out refused to pay him another penny more and he refused to send me my books. After weeks of e-mails and phone calls to the seller, I finally filed a complaint with Paypal. Eventually the seller gave in and shipped me my books. When I recieved the books, only two of them were in good enough condition to go into my collection and the rest of the books were complete junk. I will never do business again with such a sick individual and I would advise all of you to stay away from him as well. He is one of those sellers who is too cheap to pay for his eBay fee's so he starts his auctions at one penny, and then makes his money by robbing his customers blind through his insane shipping costs. A person like this should not even be aloud to run a business of any kind.

Let not your heart be troubled. NeatStuff has put an end to their ripping off of the masses. They now list everything starting at ~$5 and up plus free shipping.

And yes, it was flat out thievery with the BS they were pulling on the penny + $2 shipping. They even flat out admitted it here on these boards that it was all a ploy to bait you in and then break it off in your .

And of course, they wanted immediate complete and total forgiveness, along with a mass memory wipe, without first establishing any longterm record of having changed their ways.

"This month we stopped doing what we were doing, so lets forgive and forget."

insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

How 'bout this........

Come on the boards in about two years, after you've proven you've actually changed your ways, and then start we can start talking about how neatstuff changed their ways.

They may claim they have changed their ways, but they still have all of the money they stole from me. I am still in utter disbelief as to how that insufficiently_thoughtful_person Brian runs his business. Eventually he will get what's coming to him.

It was Brian at neatstuffcollectables who tried to get a total of $75.00 from me to ship about 15 comic books. He is a sick person who avoids eBay's fee's by starting his auctions at one cent, and then robs his customers blind by charging insane shipping charges. I am still trying to figure out how he could justify requesting $75.00 to ship 12 to 15 comic books from the east coast to the west coast. And to top it off, 95% of the books he sent me were complete garbage, not even close to how they were described in the auction. This guy is crooked and should not be on eBay at all. Since I am on the subject of crooked eBay sellers, let me warn you guys about another seller. He goes by the eBay user name theressomethingaboutselling and he stole over $200.00 from me. This guy also claimed that he knew and was a friend of Brian from neatstuffcollectables. Anyways, I won a NM copy of Uncanny X-men #101 from theressomethingaboutselling, paid him, and never heard from him again. I then started to notice that he began collecting a massive amount of negatives from other people whom he stole from and I think eBay has finally kicked him off of eBay. So, not only does theressomethingaboutselling and neatstuffcollectables seem to be friends, but they seem to also have the same crooked business practices. I would strongly advise you guys to stay clear of both theressomethingaboutselling and neatstuffcollectables because they are both very sick sellers who don't care about anything but themselves and money. I hate to talk bad about people, but these two sellers are downright rotten to the core.

He is one of those sellers who is too cheap to pay for his eBay fee's so he starts his auctions at one penny

....I start all my auctions at a penny with no reserves,...I don't think it as cheap,...I consider it quite fair to the buyer,.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am still trying to figure out how he could justify requesting $75.00 to ship 12 to 15 comic books from the east coast to the west coast.

"Handling Charge".

I mean, that's 12 to 15 different comics he has to handle.

yeahok.gif

I would love to have Brian himself reply to this thread and explain to me how he could justify charging me $75.00 to ship 12-15 comic books because I know he would not be able to. He is just downright money hungry, plain and simple.

My opinion is that he would tacitly explain that he is in the shipping business, not the comics business, per se. This point of view is that the merchandise itself is irrelevant, since the cost of the merchandise is negligible compared to the cost of the overhead to acquire, sort, store, ebay fee, paypal fee, pull, package, and ship.

eBay rules clearly allow this sort of approach, as there is no forced rule on combining auction charges, only that the charge per auction is reasonable.

Sellers who take this attidude are usually easy to pick out. Carefully read every word of a eBay seller's policy before bidding. You may have better luck finding sellers who are in the comic book business, not the shipping business. With the auction structure change that NS has made, hopeully they have made the switch to being in the eBay comic book business as well.

Your Ebay horror stories are just one more reason why I like to stay away from Ebay if at all possible. I would much rather buy and sell from the Froum Marketplace.

Trust me it is as crooked as they come here also! I have 115.00 dollars owed to me by someone here from these boards that I dont know if ill even ever see anything from them again.I am not saying its a bad place to buy its just there will come surprises along the way.

Davidking623

Your Ebay horror stories are just one more reason why I like to stay away from Ebay if at all possible. I would much rather buy and sell from the Froum Marketplace.

Trust me it is as crooked as they come here also! I have 115.00 dollars owed to me by someone here from these boards that I dont know if ill even ever see anything from them again.I am not saying its a bad place to buy its just there will come surprises along the way.

Davidking623

A regular board member? Or one of the ones that posts three times and then we never see again?

Davidking623

A regular board member? Or one of the ones that posts three times and then we never see again?

Of course it was a regular board member at the time! I am just saying when you think you can trust someone sometimes you really cant there are just a few exceptions to this someone that has strong ebay feedback with being a member is the best way to go Drbanner, Divadrabund, Darthdiesel, myself Davidking623, Bronty come to mind.

Davidking623

Lets see what Neatstuff tries to charge me for shipping five books to canada

Pay-em in Canuck funds! makepoint.gif

Let not your heart be troubled. NeatStuff has put an end to their ripping off of the masses. They now list everything starting at ~$5 and up plus free shipping.

And yes, it was flat out thievery with the BS they were pulling on the penny + $2 shipping. They even flat out admitted it here on these boards that it was all a ploy to bait you in and then break it off in your .

Well said! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes, they want forgiveness and to say they're great now, but after ripping thousands of people off for years, unless they pay them all back, how can they ever be forgiven? Much less thought of as legitimate? It is a blight on the hobby that these guys are Overstreet advisors.

Reminds me of the scene in Hamlet where Claudius prays to God for forgiveness after murdering the king and taking his crown. Yet, how can he be forgiven of usurping the throne if he doesn't give up the crown? Yes, my friends, this whole not-so-neat stuff is taking on the proportions of a Shakespearean tragedy.

Joe

Reminds me of the scene in Hamlet where Claudius prays to God for forgiveness after murdering the king and taking his crown. Yet, how can he be forgiven of usurping the throne if he doesn't give up the crown? Yes, my friends, this whole not-so-neat stuff is taking on the proportions of a Shakespearean tragedy.

Ah, yes. Neatstuff's offence is rank, it smells to heaven. It has the primal eldest curse upon't: shipping profiteering.