• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Copper/Carnage find.
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2017 at 6:33 PM, mr_highgrade said:

:whistle:

IMG_2252.JPG

Reminds me of a comic con I was at back in the day when a dealer had something similar on his wall, except it was Batman 428 when the Death In The Family story was just wrapping up and the 4-issue series was still red hot.

The dealer actually had the nerve to post a huge sign in front of his table declaring how "rare" the book was.  :screwy:  :boo:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Reminds me of a comic con I was at back in the day when a dealer had something similar on his wall, except it was Batman 428 when the Death In The Family story was just wrapping up and the 4-issue series was still red hot.

The dealer actually had the nerve to post a huge sign in front of his table declaring how "rare" the book was.  :screwy:  :boo:

I had a similar experience the day 428 was released in the UK as distributed copies.  A guy in London's big Forbidden Planet store claimed, with the weepiest-sounding voice, that so few had got into the country that they had to charge £8-50 each.

Despite the tragic sob story, I knew that stacks of them were available around the corner at another comic shop, at cover price, 50p. 

The last time I bought from FP, unsurprisingly.

4 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

That's a great idea.  Must be why Marvel didn't keep doing it.:cry:

I miss the newsstand years, the once upon a time, the lovely long ago....

32 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I miss the newsstand years, the once upon a time, the lovely long ago....

Yup. 

Fond memories of going several times each month to the local bus station newsstand to look at the often rainsoaked, well, okay, slightly-dampened T&P stamped, Marvel All-Colour Comics or pence-stickered DCs, back in the 70s.

The frequently-miserable weather in the Manchester area couldn't kill my enthusiasm for these fascinating, imported treasures from the States.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. 

Fond memories of going several times each month to the local bus station newsstand to look at the often rainsoaked, well, okay, slightly dampened T&P stamped, Marvel All-Colour Comics or pence-stickered DCs, back in the 70s.

The frequently-miserable weather in the Manchester area couldn't kill my enthusiasm for these fascinating, imported treasures from the States.

....those daaaays of me and you! We lost, along the waaaaay.....