• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do I not understand about this Curt Swan Superman page?

9 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2017 at 10:38 PM, malvin said:

I know it's an early work, but it went higher than I expected.  Good thing I wasn't going after it.

link to ebay Curt Swan Superman's Girlfriend page that sold for 3.3k

Malvin

Famous page where Superman gives Lois his "Ber-tal in a box".

giphy.gif

Edited by comix4fun

1 minute ago, Rick2you2 said:

Why is it famous?

I think he’s kidding. Just went through the HA archives and there are a number of pre 1965 Swan interior pages that have sold in the $3k+ range. When it comes to Swan the earlier the more expensive. 

On 10/22/2017 at 8:38 PM, malvin said:

I know it's an early work, but it went higher than I expected.  Good thing I wasn't going after it.

link to ebay Curt Swan Superman's Girlfriend page that sold for 3.3k

Malvin

That is an awesome page and I would dearly love to own it.  Personally I think Curt Swan is way undervalued.  He drew perfectly, smoothly, accurately and could draw anything.  He was the Kirby of DC, being their main artist for 4 decades.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

3 hours ago, The Voord said:

Supes flies into Lois's bedroom to confront her over her Hidden-Box (I think that's what's going on?) . . . what's not to love?

Well, the logic isn't so hot. Ber-tal can fly so he doesn't need superstrength to lift the box.