• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hake's Auction - Fall 2017

7 posts in this topic

This is the second auction I've been involved with and we've been working really hard to build upon the momentum of the last one.  We've actually had to hold back a half-dozen nice pieces of art for the NEXT auction in order to keep the product balance where we want it, which is a great place to be.  I truly appreciate the support and feedback as we continue to grow this thing.

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/CategoryItemList/7/Original-Art-Related?dgv-page=1&dgv-sortCol=Itemcode&dgv-sortDir=asc&dgv-rowsPerPage=ALL

Speaking of feedback, we've got a Wish List of changes for the website based on discussions I've had here and other places online, with collectors at shows, and from prior meetings at Hake's.  The changes won't start to take place until 2018, but know that they are listening.  In the meantime, if you're concerned about the final day of bidding I strongly recommend that you utilize the option to have a staffer call/text you whenever you're outbid.  With this you won't have to feel like you need to sit and watch the auction all day, but if you are outbid you'll be notified immediately along with the option to bid again right there over the phone.  

Feel free to shout at me with any questions or comments.   

12 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

The custom frames on those Golden Age pages are very fun. It was nice seeing some of those at recent shows.

I'm glad I was able to make that show because I haven't had a chance to get to the shop in York since, so I wouldn't have been able to see those frames in person.  They're definitely unique and Dan did a great job creating them.  Pictures just don't do them justice!

2 hours ago, NicoV said:

And if you want to have a quick look to all original art available in this auction : 

http://comicarttracker.com/en/hakes-auctions/2017-11-16 :nyah:

Ha ha. And now we've entered CAT Phase II - The Marketing Angle, where NicoV bombs every auction thread with his (haven't found an exception yet) much more consolidated and (especially lcd/average) user-friendly auction house search/results/links. Good job (again) NicoV...you deserve all the praise you get.

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Ha ha. And now we've entered CAT Phase II - The Marketing Angle, where NicoV bombs every auction thread with his (haven't found an exception yet) much more consolidated and (especially lcd/average) user-friendly auction house search/results/links.

I'm eager to enter CAT Phase III - The Viral Propagation... when people will do it for me :nyah: