• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sales "pending" at CLINK

23 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I guess this would only apply for their Exchange listed books.

If you go back into their website and try to find the books which went through their auctions, they are pretty much instantly gone once the auction is over.  No chance to search their auction history or even to find any paper trail at all which you can do for Heritage through their auction archives or somewhat clumsily with CC through their auction emails. 

This is why in CLink auctions I throw in an early tracking bid on every book I'm remotely interested in.  The hammer price remains in your bid list forever (so far as I can tell) even though the link to the listing itself no longer works after a while.

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

If you go back into their website and try to find the books which went through their auctions, they are pretty much instantly gone once the auction is over.  No chance to search their auction history or even to find any paper trail at all which you can do for Heritage through their auction archives or somewhat clumsily with CC through their auction emails. 

The auction book listings do get migrated over to the limbo of the exchange list.  As an example, I won the 9.2 Tales to Astonish #47 in the June 2017 Clink auction, and as of five minutes ago--it's still listed as "Sale pending".

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Their auction sales are listed on the exchange, in the same way as exchange sales are. It's not obvious, but on the other hand it keeps all the sales in one place.