• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post office Carrier fails
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Been seeing a few post about damaged deliveries and the abuse shipments take. Thought a thread to post pictures would be fun. I havent had anything damaged yet thankfully, here is a recent delivery that got beat up. Feel free to add on!

20171025_171536.jpg

20171025_171545.jpg

I wish I still had the pics of the box, but once I received a medium flat rate priority box wrapped in saran wrap with an official letter from the USPS claiming my package had been "submerged underwater for several days".  Knowing there were 10 high grade raw mid 100's ASM's I took pictures before opening the box all the while absolutely expecting the worst.  I figured wrapping a wet box full of comics with an air tight seal would've been a disaster but the seller had wrapped them in about 5 layers of 1/4 bubble wrap and they were completely undamaged.

Edited by comicquant

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

I wish I still had the pics of the box, but once I received a medium flat rate priority box wrapped in saran wrap with an official letter from the USPS claiming my package had been "submerged underwater for several days".  Knowing there were 10 high grade raw mid 100's ASM's I took pictures before opening the box all the while absolutely expecting the worst.  I figured wrapping a wet box full of comics with an air tight seal would've been a disaster but the seller had wrapped them in about 5 layers of 1/4 bubble wrap and they were completely undamaged.

I'd love to hear a more detailed explanation from USPS on that..."Well your package was addressed to 'Ocean City', so we tossed it into the ocean for a week before thinking better of it.  Uhhh, sorry about that."

I've been fortunate enough not to have any packages suffer crazy damage, but I occasionally receive enveloped mail torn to shreds in the ironically labeled "We Care" bags with the standard apology text.  I just keep them thumbtacked to my office wall for mild comic relief.

23 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

US mail package delivery can be almost like russian roulette  between possible damage and them just leaving the box outside your doorstep

instead of in between the screen door and main door as it should be.........

The crooks have to eat too lol

I think my worst comic damaged by shipping was a Hulk 3 shipped by the seller in a manila envelope. It arrived with my regular mail folded in half around the few envelopes I also got with an elastic band around the bunch then shoved under the door to my apartment.

My worst was a CGC ASM #179 9.6 with Pizzazz insert.

I already had the 176, 177 and 178 Pizzazz copies in 9.4/9.6. So I was happy when this arrived to complete the set. Happy that is until I removed it from it's single skin bubble mailer to find it smashed to pieces.

When I messaged the seller asking if sending a CGC from the US to the UK in a thin bubble mailer was wise, he said he always sent CGC's that way, it had "never happened to him before" and that I was being unreasonable.

Spoiler

AAARRRGGGHHHH! 

Just now, Marwood & I said:

My worst was a CGC ASM #179 9.6 with Pizzazz insert.

I already had the 176, 177 and 178 Pizzazz copies in 9.4/9.6. So I was happy when this arrived to complete the set. Happy that is until I removed it from it's single skin bubble mailer to find it smashed to pieces.

When I messaged the seller asking if sending a CGC from the US to the UK in a thin bubble mailer was wise, he said he always sent CGC's that way, it had "never happened to him before" and that I was being unreasonable.

Reveal hidden contents

AAARRRGGGHHHH! 

I've just realised that's not the post offices fault, which is the point of the thread. Just shows you how these things are difficult to get over though doesn't it. :frustrated:

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I've just realised that's not the post offices fault, which is the point of the thread. Just shows you how these things are difficult to get over though doesn't it. :frustrated:

The stories so far are pretty much what I was thinking of when I started the thread. Instances when something arrived with beat up packaging, either from the post office, fedex, ups etc.

Fun stories so far!

2 minutes ago, Avi said:

The stories so far are pretty much what I was thinking of when I started the thread. Instances when something arrived with beat up packaging, either from the post office, fedex, ups etc.

Fun stories so far!

On the flip side I once was strongly berated by an eBay buyer for packing a valuable book I sold him too well. He said it took too long to open. I seem to recall finding it very hard to resist the urge to tell him to pop off and make love to himself. 

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

On the flip side I once was strongly berated by an eBay buyer for packing a valuable book I sold him too well. He said it took too long to open. I seem to recall finding it very hard to resist the urge to tell him to pop off and make love to himself. 

Ive kinda had this happen! There was SO much packing tape, not like the blue painters tape that comes off easy, I couldnt remove the tape without bending the boards sandwiching the book. I had to resort to a blade, to cut the boards free. Then I find the book (in a bag and board) also taped to one of the outer boards. I had to cut it out of the bag in the end!

Just now, Avi said:

Ive kinda had this happen! There was SO much packing tape, not like the blue painters tape that comes off easy, I couldnt remove the tape without bending the boards sandwiching the book. I had to resort to a blade, to cut the boards free. Then I find the book (in a bag and board) also taped to one of the outer boards. I had to cut it out of the bag in the end!

Oh dear. The seller didn't tell you to pop off and make love to yourself did he?

What are the chances....hm

3 hours ago, comicquant said:

Were they issues of Aquaman? :D

58 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Heh.  I've cursed under my breath a few times at books that are packed too well.  Just impatient and would never mention it to the seller though.

20 hours ago, Avi said:

lol - I had that happen - using the blue tape! - I use that for the interior cardboard sandwich because it can be removed easily....  The stuff works great for comics. Holds under compression ( so when packed up with bubble wrap ) - but easier to remove and gives your customer a little protection from an accidental tape pull if they are careless..... .