• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New guide from Overstreet for 9.0-10.0

14 posts in this topic

So do I have to search back across EVERY back issue of this publication to find prices for a particular issue I'm looking to buy and want to see prices for?

Definitely a cool concept, but if they don't do it well, the upcoming competition could put it by the wayside.

This is a great idea from Overstreet, this will allow them to cover the regular price fluctuations in very high grade books without screwing with the yearly guide.

Lets hope they do a good job and it will be a very useful tool for collectors buying high grade CGC books.

Not sure how many hardcore collectors will ante up the $75 yearly subscription fee for this monthly summary. Fee will probably be over $100 US for Canadian subscribers. ooo.gif CBG already has a weekly summary of the eBay & ComicLink record setting prices.

Since this isn't going to be a price guide, it just sounds like he is just going to reprint all the information that Comicsheet has already been collecting for years now and charge you more to access it.

Doesn't sound like a good deal at all.

Two phrases form the article stick out for me:

"a new tool that you can use to find out fair market value for your high-end books"

and

"each issue of the monthly newsletter will include retailer feedback, recent sales, auction results,..."

Not to mention the fact that the title of the publication is "Overstreet's Price Review" not Price Update or High Grade Price Guide.

Nothing in the article or the title would lead me to believe that the newsletter is meant to be a price guide or price addendum to the annual guide, but rather an expanded market report section and auction results database (with hopefully completed sales). This kind of information is printed in the "comics sold in xxxx" section of every annual Overstreet guide, but obviously the prices in that section do not automatically become the new guide values, same as they will not here.

It is still hard to see how this newsletter will distinguish itself from the information that CBG/Comicsheet is already presenting (though it sounds like a combo of Scoop and Comicsheet info), though I guess we will see when it is finally released.

"I guess we will see when it is finally released."

I think that's probably the safest way to go. Too much time is spent around here trying to divine what something will be before it ever arrives, and just because something is called a "Review" doesn't mean the name holds any mystical significance. Sometimes you pick a name because it sounds nice and it seems to fit the bill. *shrug*

Of course, the *real* reason could be it's all part of a massive conspiracy, but that's a given anyway, right? smile.gif

Arnold (just having fun with y'all as always)