• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #16

25 posts in this topic

well, I have one up right now for $10 under guide (granted, low grade) and it's been about 12 hours and nobody has bought it!

i guess you're talking about slabbed high grade and high/mid grade copies?

well, I have one up right now for $10 under guide (granted, low grade) and it's been about 12 hours and nobody has bought it!

Yep, Avengers from issue 10 onwards are very common in the lower grades.....

Yup, will probably buy a 9.2 some day but I was shocked when the asking price of one of these is over $600. I paid $240 for my issue #12 CGC 9.2 and it has a much better cover. Not a key but probably the best cover from 10-20.

I didn't really expect it to sell in 12 hours.

Low and mid grade SA and BA seems to do ok for me (in terms of % of guide) if it's something people are interested in and less than $10.

We'll see whether this works on stuff for $25.

Yup, will probably buy a 9.2 some day but I was shocked when the asking price of one of these is over $600. I paid $240 for my issue #12 CGC 9.2 and it has a much better cover. Not a key but probably the best cover from 10-20.

I agree. #12 is a great cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I still need a mid-grade copy of 16.

9 and 16 seem to be the hardest to get above issue 4 for a reasonable price, but I haven't actively sought them in a while.

I think Avengers #16 is one of the greatest covers of the run. Sure, I like #12 as well, but the new lineup and the Cap cover is one of my all time favorites.

As for pricing... well, you can certainly find reasonable prices on this book. Comiclink had a CGC 9.2 for $550 -- that's about how high I'd go on a 9.2 -- too much more would be a bit inflated, maybe $600 -- but in mid grade, the book is fairly common as I see them relatively frequently.

"Sure when the rest of the book is a 9.4. Hater."

Well, I'm pretty much out of buying mode right now, or at least buying anything remotely expensive, so I'm perfectly happy if the conventional wisdom is that this would be an ok 9.2. Some of the stuff I thought were 8.0 - 8.5s are now apparently 9.2, that's great if/when I sell them! I'm perfectly happy to adjust to the parameters of the market and if CGC sez it's a 9.2, then I ain't going to argue!

For example, should this be graded higher?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12592&item=6534685769

Or is that this is a 70s book a reason to be more strict?

(Yes, yes, let's ignore the fact that the market for this book is down and the scanner is not so great)

Or this one?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32726&item=6536241321

(Yeah, yeah, forget the price. I'm running an experiment. Too bad this doesn't show up in searches because there are so many of these up.)

Actually, I'm not trying to fight or anything. Once I get to VF or higher I get very paranoid about the grading, to the point that I'm hesitant to list anything VF or higher. I wind up knocking down all those 9.4s and 9.2s to 8.5s and 8.0s once I've sat there looking at a book long enough.